Original topic:

Is Factory Reset forced when using ODIN to revert back to previous UI 2.x?

(Topic created on: 03-14-2021 11:43 AM)
Dual-eSIM-S24Ultra
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
When using ODIN to revert back to a previous Android and UI ( ie. A10 and UI 2.5), and once the respective Samsung files have been successfully flashed to the device,  is there anyway to avoid Factory Reset?

Or is the factory reset a required step? 
0 Likes
11 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
It might be a change done by Samsung to protect someone's data in case someone rolled back to exploit a vulnerability to remove FRP on a stolen phone. That'd a bit unlikely though because one just needs to use the combination FW to bypass FRP.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi farooqakbar, Rooting disables some of the built-in security features of the operating system, and those security features are part of what keeps the operating system safe, and your data secure from exposure or corruption. Samsung doesn't recommend to flash the device. However, make sure you’ve backed up your phone before you make any attempt to flash your device as your phone will be wiped during the flashing process.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@keagon - im assuming you work for Samsung, since you have Moderator status. is that true?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Yes, I am one of the moderators for this Samsung Members Community Canada.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@keagon -

ok. thanks for confirming you are from Samsung.

Im not understanding your comment, can you please help clarify: "Samsung doesnt recommend to flash the device"

i think the only reason why someone would flash and revert back to previous version is because we are not happy with the UI update especially, if Samsung has removed a key functionality! Now if reverting back to the previous UI version was not safe, then why/how was it released?!

Also, one more question, are you modifying and or deleting our replies/posts? I was provided guidance and instructions on how to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 but some of those instructions were modified and this is intentional sabatoge! Other Memebers have also experienced getting their reply/post blindly modified or deleted by a Samsung Moderator. please explain. Personally I think this is bad behavior by Samsung Moderators and we need someone to stop this.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Most of the Samsung devices are Secured by Knox. If you root your device, you trip the Knox Warranty bit. Knox services do not run on devices that have tripped the Warranty bit, because this indicates a device is rooted and flashed with an unofficial Android build. This security risk means that Knox can no longer ensure your data is protected.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
But what about flashing official Samsung firmware? Rooting is not even a possibility in Canada
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
reverting back to previous UI would not trip or void my warranty......if there was any technical issue with flashing authentic firmware A10, UI 2.5, then Samsung would be responsible!!!

also you did not acknowledge my 2nd question, please do not dodge it and answer. here it is again:

Are you modifying and or deleting our replies/posts? I was provided guidance and instructions on how to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 but some of those instructions were modified and this is intentional sabatoge! Other Memebers have also experienced getting their reply/post blindly modified or deleted by a Samsung Moderator. please explain. Personally I think this is bad behavior by Samsung Moderators and we need someone to stop this.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi,

Please note that Samsung firmware is not available online and it can be installed only by authorized service centres.

As I mentioned in your other post, we never modify any instructions provided by the users. If the comments posted in the Community contain derogatory language, profanity, spam, advertising etc or flagged by any of our Samsung members, then that content will be moderated automatically or by the moderator according to the Samsung Canada Members Comment Policy.

0 Likes