Original topic:

Nearby share and Quick Share

(Topic created on: 01-30-2022 11:36 AM)
meep
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
I am beyond frustrated with this phone. It's galaxy integration with the Galaxy Book Pro is horrid and trying to send anything to and from it is impossible. Nearby share doesn't work quick share doesn't work, Windows has like 3 "Michael's Galaxy Note 20" Bluetooth entries. Neither will connect. I have to constantly delete all the Bluetooth entries and try making a connection again which usually fails for the first 3 tries, and when they connect, the sharing feature still doesn't work. I go into Device manager under other devices and there are like 12 unknown drivers associated with the Note20.

What a horrible Galaxy "ecosystem" attempt.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy Note
See my screenshot. Is your Galaxy Book purchased before May 2021 or after? The Quick Share not support before May 2021 Galaxy Book and Book Flex.Screenshot_20220130-124905_Edge_14393_1643572145.jpg
0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
950XDB purchased november
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I shouldn't use the word purchased. Is your Galaxy Book released before or after May 2021?

Did your Windows 10 meet all requirements?

I have a Book Flex and not support the Quick Share, I cannot verify if it works or not.
0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
it's the new model with Windows 11 pre-installed. It worked a few times since I recieved it (with the galaxy s9+) but with the Note20 it just doesn't. Maybe it's a one ui problem..

NP950XDB-KC3CA
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
@meep I have the Galaxy Book Ion, running on Windows 11 and I have Nearby Sharing and Quick Share, they both work fine with my S21 Ultra, Z Fold 3 and Tab S7 FE; make sure when connected to your Book Pro that the devices are not connected to each other via Your Phone app, also if you're having connection issues having both Nearby and Quick Share set to connect to everyone solves that issue most of the time.
0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thanks. I'm still not sure what the issue is. I ended up just emailing myself what I was trying to "share". Its not often that I use it so next time I will try some ideas,.like disabling the McAfee boatware. 🤮😆
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
McAfee could be the problem, I always delete it because it's more of a hassle than anything else. I usually use Quick Share for transferring files or just the copy and paste option on the Your Phone app if I wanna transfer a picture from the smartphone I'm using to my laptop
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi meep, we suggest you to try the steps suggested by others and get back with results.

0 Likes