Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 latest update screen flash/sms app popup

(Topic created on: 09-25-2021 05:32 AM)
kincaid
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
With the latest update on the note 20 ultra there was another forum posted about screen flashes which I get as well but it's actually the text message app popping up and closing for a split second. Anyone know why tf this is happening and how to stop it?? If I click to see what apps are open it shows the Samsung sms app with a black blank preview and does not even open when I switch to the app. This is incredibly annoying since watching videos or while driving with Google maps the flicker causes the video or navigation to minimize.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

This isn't an actual fix, but it will minimise the issue until Samsung fixes it properly.

Settings > Apps search for Samsung Messages & click on it then scroll down to Allow to Appear on Top & Toggle it OFF. 

View solution in context

26 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

This isn't an actual fix, but it will minimise the issue until Samsung fixes it properly.

Settings > Apps search for Samsung Messages & click on it then scroll down to Allow to Appear on Top & Toggle it OFF. 

kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Ty for a reply.. just wondering is anyone else experiencing this as well?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yes, a bunch of other people have reported the same / similar issue. 

Samsung's Moderators have been instructing people to contact their Carrier, but it's not a Carrier issue, it's a Samsung Messages issue.

It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone, but enough people.

Hopefully Samsung will push a hotfix? 

Leah1234
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I am! I came here to see if anyone else had posted about it. It's really frustrating as if I'm typing something on messenger or WhatsApp or a website when it happens, I lose everything I typed. When I go to settings in the messages app, it takes me to a Google messaging page. Apparently it's run by jyve or something now. I thought it could be because of my kids school accounts, so I deleted them from my phone, but it's still happening. Just happened now, so I need to post before I have to type this a 3rd time. So frustrating!
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Red dog rabbit suggestion helps for now till we get an actual fix.
0 Likes
purple-haze
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
I'm experiencing the same thing on my S20 after last update. Was told by support to go to safe mode & remove the offending 3rd party app, but how do I know which 3rd party app it is?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Samsung Support usually doesn't know what they are talking about & just use a flip chart to give cut & paste responses. 

The app that is quite likely causing the issue isn't a 3rd party app, but Samsung's Messaging app. 

Try the steps below & see if it works for you as well. 

(from my previous post) 

purple-haze
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks. I did toggle it off...we'll see what happens.
TH0R
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I am also having this issue.