Original topic:

Note 10 Lite - Green video calls after UI 5.1 update

(Topic created on: 09-21-2023 06:15 AM)
Hugo-Trifocals
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey,

I've got a Note 10 Lite, and after the latest update to One UI version 5.1, my video calls turned green, just the color green. It's a bit like the Hulk but not as fun.

WhatsApp and Messenger show my camera and others' cameras working, but they only see a green screen. 🟢

Oddly enough, when I use the camera app, everything's fine. I can take photos and record without a hitch.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Wiping the cache partition.
  2. Cleaning up all app settings.
  3. Making sure all my apps are up to date.
  4. Made sure there's no video call effects on

Could you work your magic and help me exhibit my kids to their relatives? 🙏

Thanks a million!

Best,
Hugo

86 Comments
Leeson
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I'd recommend putting your phone in safe mode and trying it out again. If the issue stops then it's ont of your downloaded apps that's causing the problem, then you just need to find which app and Uninstall it
0 Likes
Leeson
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Here's a tutorial on how to do that
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Booting into Safe Mode will disable all 3rd party apps, so if WhatsApp & Messenger aren't System Apps, they won't be able to see if Safe Mode solves the green screen issue.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I'm not sure if this will work, but open WhatsApp Settings & go to Video Settings - If you have anything like "Video Mod" (not Mode, but "mod") Toggle it OFF and check? 

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, just to confirm after performing the device in Safe mode are you still facing the problem ?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Safe Mode will disable all 3rd party apps, so if WhatsApp is a 3rd party app, you won't know if Safe Mode fixes it. 

WhatsApp is almost certainly a 3rd party app. 

0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I gave it a shot, and safe mode indeed disables WhatsApp. So, unfortunately, I can't tell if the issue is still there while in safe mode.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

This is using WhatsApp Camera? (I've never used WhatsApp, so I don't know if it uses it's own or not?). 

Have a look at the link below:

https://www.askmefast.com/Why_my_whatsapp_video_turn_green_screen_when_my_friend_viewed_it-qna746179...

Other than that, the only other thing that you can do yourself, would be to Factory Reset and see if that fixes the issue for you? 

0 Likes