Original topic:

Note 10 Lite - Green video calls after UI 5.1 update

(Topic created on: 09-21-2023 06:15 AM)
Hugo-Trifocals
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey,

I've got a Note 10 Lite, and after the latest update to One UI version 5.1, my video calls turned green, just the color green. It's a bit like the Hulk but not as fun.

WhatsApp and Messenger show my camera and others' cameras working, but they only see a green screen. 🟢

Oddly enough, when I use the camera app, everything's fine. I can take photos and record without a hitch.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Wiping the cache partition.
  2. Cleaning up all app settings.
  3. Making sure all my apps are up to date.
  4. Made sure there's no video call effects on

Could you work your magic and help me exhibit my kids to their relatives? 🙏

Thanks a million!

Best,
Hugo

86 Comments
Gemmlou
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I did the update yesterday and have the same problem.  

Samsung_OGBDcvo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have exactly the same problem with note 10 lite, I hope there is a fix soon.

esatis
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I have same exact problem! Tried reinstalling whatsapp but seems like the problem also persists in facebook messenger,  so this is major system BUG! ***!

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

WhatsApp & Messenger aren't System Apps. 

You could send an error log by opening the Samsung Members app & Click on Support & Scroll down to "Send Feedback" error reports. 

0 Likes
esatis
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I know they are not systems apps, but they are two different apps, so the issue is system issue not a particular Whatsapp or FB messenger issue. 
I did report it to Samsung Members yesterday and today they suggested to reset all Settings on phone which did nothing and now they are suggesting to reset whole phone or bring it for repair. I yet haven't found time to reset phone which will probably do nothing but waste my time. 

fhameer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have the same issue and did the factory reset as well. Still doesnt work ! I have reported it to samsung team too and awaiting a response

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Report it to Facebook / Meta. It's not a Samsung issue. Zoom, Skype, Telegram, Google Video Chat, Signal all work perfectly.. 

I wish that people would read the previous posts beg adding to the same thing.. 

0 Likes
Kaia3
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

The issue is not the device itself but with the new update, our device model and Whatsapp/FB. I have tried everything under the moon plus three knowledgeable technicians have said it is the update.

0 Likes
Kaia3
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I have tried that and this bug/glitch has not been resolved.

0 Likes
esatis
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Is there a way to report this problem to Samsung ?