Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra bad photos

(Topic created on: 02-06-2023 08:53 PM)
_umar_
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
My Note 20 Ultra takes some pretty horrible photos. The photos aren't even comparable to a iPhone 11.

Taken on wide angle in a well lit area.

0 Likes
10 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi _umar_, we request you to register an Error Report from the Samsung Members app by attaching the system logs.

Open the Samsung Members app>> Menu >> Support >> Send feedback >> Error Report >> Send system log file.

With these logs, our team could analyze the performance and errors on the device and if there is anything related to the Samsung update that you have installed recently, we would push a fix through an update.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

You could try Resetting the Camera's settings. 

I'm not sure exactly what you feel is so terrible about the photo you posted? 

_umar_
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Have tried to reset it. The photos fr my Note 20 and also a s22 ultra are incomparable to photos taken from a iPhone 12 pro. Is this just a Samsung thing or are the two phones broken.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Don't know. The pictures from my S20 Ultra are more than adequate for my purposes. 

You can try a Factory Reset, but I don't think that will fix it, if it's not a software issue. 

You could open the Samsung Members app, Click on Support & Diagnostics, View Tests & run the Diagnostics for the Sensors & Camera. See if you get any error messages. 

I'm guessing that you obviously removed the plastic film from the camera lenses & the sensors? (stranger things have happened). 

_umar_
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I expected more from a top of the line Samsung phone. The fact that snapchat and Instagram photos on the newest Samsungs still look to be compressed screenshots is just disappointing. I can't even use my phone camara without being embarrassed from my friends that got a iPhone 8 💀
0 Likes
t420
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Try taking better photos might be the problem here just maybe
_umar_
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Compared to a iPhone 12, there is a significant difference in quality. It just seems like Samsung can only deliver numbers, not actual quality. Samsung can't even use full quality in snapchat after so many years!
0 Likes
phukyu
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Personally it sounds to me like your just a apple fanboy that is trying to find ways to complain. Tbh that photo is great and really only comes blurry or pixelated when you click it and zoom way in. Unless you are blowing the photo up to the size of your front door then its perfect. If by chances you are serious then you have 1 of 2 reasons. 1 you bought some knockoff phone for cheap that is pretending to be a samsung. Or 2 you have a very dirty screen/camera face. Spec wise the camera is superior to the iPhone 12. If you are so unhappy with the camera having an iPhone will not be any better and sounds like the only thing that would make you happy is having a dslr camera as no phone can compare to a real dslr camera.
0 Likes
_umar_
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Probably just got spoiled from my DSLR :(
0 Likes