Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not sending/receiving texts sms, mms

(Topic created on: 09-27-2022 05:56 PM)
JMIKE
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Wanted to update my phone from a Note 10 Plus to a Note 20 Ultra... and I'm facing 2 issues. The first one being not able to send or receive texts message (sms/mms).  Watched a bunch of videos on YouTube and nothing is working. My last option is to factory reset the phone... which I was trying to avoid. Second, I am still on security update of July and we are in September. Is this correct? I am on the Telus Network.  I popped a Rogers Sim to force the update... and that didn't work. 
Any advises is welcome. Thank you in advance 
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Are you getting any error messages when you try to send SMS/MMS (Note that MMS with Rogers, requires you to Enable Cell Data to send). 

If you're using Samsung's Messages, try switching to Google Messages. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Nylah
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, that's really good to hear that your issue is resolved.

Kindly come back to us if you require any further information.

We are glad to assist you.

Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Comments
Nylah
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, we suggest you to please check the Airplane mode on the device.

Also check the DND mode on the device.

If issue still persists.

We recommend you please Remove the sim card and Insert again.

0 Likes
JMIKE
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thank you for the recommendations... I performed all of the above ... and still no luck unfortunately 😔
0 Likes
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Are you getting any error messages when you try to send SMS/MMS (Note that MMS with Rogers, requires you to Enable Cell Data to send). 

If you're using Samsung's Messages, try switching to Google Messages. 

0 Likes
JMIKE
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I do not get any error messages when sending. It appears or looks like the messages are sent but nothing is received. I am on the Telus Network and I can confirm the Cell data to send over the Netwrok is toggle Enabled. I switched to Google messages... no success. Next step is to call the Carrier to see if they have an issue on their end. Thank you.
JMIKE
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thanks to RedDogRabbit and Nylah to have tried to troubleshoot me. I ended up calling my carrier which is Telus and the problem was on their end. Took them less than 45 seconds to acknowledge the issue and fixed it! I'm back in business. 😎
Solution
Nylah
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, that's really good to hear that your issue is resolved.

Kindly come back to us if you require any further information.

We are glad to assist you.

Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes