Original topic:

note 8 data usage monitor.

(Topic created on: 06-21-2018 02:02 PM)
mike88
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
hey guys just wondering if anybody's having any issues with the Note 8 data usage monitor in the settings of the phone. for some reason mine is displaying the wrong date as in August through to September. And we haven't even gotten there yet!

I'm very confused even if I click on an app to view that specific apps data usage it tells me 0 megabytes used from August to September, but we haven't even entered August yet. Just wondering if anybody else is having this issue and if anyone also knows how to fix the problem.
0 Likes
5 Comments
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey @mike88, could you please try clearing device cache and see if the issue still remains? Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
mike88
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
he do you do a whole phone cache?
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I'm sure most people are using my data manager, is much better at tracking and notifying you of data usage.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
@mike88 Wouldn't hurt to clear/wipe the cache partition from time to time through android recovery. Might resolve some issues.

As for data management settings, mine displays fine with no date anomalies. As @carr0498 stated, My Data Manager is an excellent app to manage data. Something you might want to consider?
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey @mike88, you can wipe your device cache from recovery mode. To enter recovery mode on your device, please follow the below steps
1. Power off your device
2. Press and hold "Bixby button", "Volume Up (+) button", and "Power button"
Then, you will be able to enter recovery mode on your device. Also, please note that entering recovery mode may can take 40 to 90 seconds. Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes