Original topic:

On screen translation

(Topic created on: 03-05-2018 12:39 PM)
tmaaag
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Obviously there are Samsung Members all over the world and not everyone speaks English. I wanted to suggest that there be either an on screen translation button or pop up that comes up when the context is not the same language as the default on your phone. Similar to Google chrome suggesting to translate a French page to English when detected.

I think it would be very beneficial on both end users if it were integrated here on Samsung Members. It'll giving us all the power to understand and communicate with each other no matter the language.

***Just a thought because I was going through the posts and I happen to land on a French one and as much as I wanted to use the translator app.... well.. you know.. LOL.
13 Comments
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Actually if you highlight the given text, Stranslator is an option to translate text. So given this example here: Bonjour, je suis Jonathan. If you highlight that, you'll see 3 dots, select the 3 dots and select S Translator.

Also, with the Note 8 you can pop the pen out and hit Translate from the Scroll Wheel that pops up and then just hover over text😊
0 Likes
tmaaag
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Oh no waaay! Omg I actually never knew that. Thanks for the tip ☺️ is that a feature on all Samsung phones or just the latest ones?
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yeah pretty cool eh!? I actually only found out about it with my S8+ and then it got an even better push with the Note 8. Not sure how far back it dates to but I think it's probably a feature that stretches out to at least the S6s.

I like to push all the buttons on my phone, I usually spend like a solid week just playing with every little bit of the device and there's still things I'm learning😂
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
it doesn't work for me b2acb48a-223e-491e-8f50-0156f86f57e2.jpg
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
@Emperor, what device do you have? Also check to insure that you haven't disabled the S Translator Application.
0 Likes
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
i have the S8 and I don't see stranslator
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
@Emperor, if you don't have S Translator installed on your device, you will have to head over to the Galaxy Apps store and then install It, once you have done that the option should appear.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I didn't know that! It's working on my S8+. Thanks for sharing the tip.
IBGS20U
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I usually do as @Jonathan34 recommended. For example, I answered someone's French question using the feature even though I don't speak French 😂.
0 Likes