Original topic:

S9 note software issue

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 03:27 PM)
six-pack
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
After last update my s pen will not connect to my device . I've tried soft reset and a   physical reset of pen 
7 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, restarting your device can help fix minor issues and may help the S Pen connect again. On devices with a regular Power key, press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed. Tap the Power icon at the top of the screen, and then tap Restart. Tap Restart again.

0 Likes
six-pack
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I've tried that also tried the reset where you press volume button and power at same time . And still nothing
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, please try to wipe the cache partition of the phone. Start by turning off your phone. Hold the Volume Up and Bixby keys, then the Power key. Once the logo appears, release all three keys at the same time. After about 30 to 60 seconds the system update message will disappear and the recovery menu options will appear. Highlight the “wipe cache partition” option using the Volume Down and Power keys to navigate. Then restart the device by highlighting the menu option.

If you have another device that uses an S Pen, try using the S Pen from that device, and vice versa. Most S Pens' touch, hover and button functionality are compatible with many devices.

If your S Pen does not work on the other device, it may require a replacement.

If the other S Pen does not work on the original device, it may require service.

0 Likes
six-pack
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Tried the delete cache partition and did not work I do not have another s pen . But will try to locate one. My s pen still writes on the screen but said it will not connect to device and the button on pen does nothing as still
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, please try backup and reset, reset your device after a backup of the data. Otherwise, it will erase all the data. Get back to us with the results.

Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
AjYNWA
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
I am having the same s pen issue with note 10 plus since the last software update
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, try to connect with another compatible device. If you have another device that uses an S Pen, try using the S Pen from that device, and vice versa.

Most S Pens' touch, hover and button functionality are compatible with many devices. Please write back to us with the results.

0 Likes