Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

switch between apps

(Topic created on: 08-24-2020 07:21 PM)
JSV0409
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Now this is weird, i switched from note 8 to note 10, and the way i could switch between apps was by pressing the home button and could switch between recent apps. But i could not do the same with my note 20 ultra. Is there a settings that i am missing to change?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

The Navigation bar helps you, well, navigate your Galaxy device. whether you prefer the classic style, want to rearrange the button order, or don't want it to appear at all, you can customize the Navigation bar. It is the home of the Recent Apps, Home, and Back buttons, which are tools that help you navigate your phone.

If you want a full-screen design, you can change the Navigation bar's layout to Full-screen gestures. With this feature, the Navigation bar will disappear and you will need to swipe up to use its buttons. You can swipe up on the lines or hide them with Gesture hints. Follow the below steps:

Launch the Settings app >> Tap Display >> Scroll down and select Navigation Bar >> Choose between Navigation buttons and Full-screen gestures.

View solution in context

4 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi JSV0409,

Please try the below steps and get back to us with the result.

- Tap the Recent Apps icon (lower-left). 

- If Full-screen gestures are enabled, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen and hold for approximately 1 second until the most recent app appears on the left edge of the phone then release.

Do any of the following: To open, scroll to then tap the desired app(s) on the list. or To close, scroll to then swipe the app up.

JSV0409
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hi Kinsley,
i am more of a navigation bar kinf of person. the only way right now i am able to switch between apps is by pressing the 3 bars. is there a easier way with the navigation bar?
Solution
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

The Navigation bar helps you, well, navigate your Galaxy device. whether you prefer the classic style, want to rearrange the button order, or don't want it to appear at all, you can customize the Navigation bar. It is the home of the Recent Apps, Home, and Back buttons, which are tools that help you navigate your phone.

If you want a full-screen design, you can change the Navigation bar's layout to Full-screen gestures. With this feature, the Navigation bar will disappear and you will need to swipe up to use its buttons. You can swipe up on the lines or hide them with Gesture hints. Follow the below steps:

Launch the Settings app >> Tap Display >> Scroll down and select Navigation Bar >> Choose between Navigation buttons and Full-screen gestures.

Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi JSV0409,

Good to hear that your problem got resolved. Please get back to us with a brief description of the problem if you have any other on your device, we are happy to help you.

0 Likes