Original topic:

Video enhancer

(Topic created on: 11-30-2020 09:48 PM)
ik
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I used to watch a lot of videos on the "Samsung Internet Browser" app, but video enhancer is no longer working on it and I'm basically forced to use a third-party app to watch videos online. Because there's no more pop-up views, can't stretch my videos above 16:9 and etc.
Does anyone have a solution or the same problem. 
I'm using a note 10 btw.
Thank you
13 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey ik,
Use the Video Enhancer setting to enhance the image quality of your videos to enjoy brighter and more vivid colors. Follow the below guide to learn how to enable this setting on your Galaxy device.
Go into the Settings menu > Advanced features> Tap on Video enhancer> Toggle on Video Enhancer.
You will see a list of available apps which are compatible with the Video enhancer feature.

0 Likes
ik
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Yes I know, but "Samsung Internet Browser" is no longer available, I don't know if it's just me.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I have the N10 plus too and the tab S7 plus and it says it supports the default video player which is what Samsung internet uses I believe because I haven't noticed any changes in the features or quality but I could be wrong
0 Likes
ik
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
unfortunately the Samsung Internet is no longer there on mine, I don't know why.

Screenshot_20201201-145317_Settings_44008.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
mine doesn't say samsung internet either but it still says the same as yours so whenever I watch YouTube from the browser I select the video player which I'm assuming is the same default samsung video player which I think keeps using the video enhancer but that could be just in my head lol because I have no way of testing to know for sure but that's my theory. I'd still like to know for sure though if anyone else out there knows because if not I'd want to find an alternative as well
ik
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
They changed the location. I had to go into the Samsung Internet app > Settings > Useful features > Toggle on video assistant.

Thank you

Screenshot_20201201-183847_Samsung Internet_44010.jpg

Galaxy Note
ohhhh ok wonderful, you're welcome! I must have done that too at some point lol I always like my samsung devices on steroids so I go into every setting possible on every app and turn option on max lol 😆. I never use the YouTube app because of the ads and I can't go full screen with it on my tablet and the samsung internet YouTube desktop site with the video assistant and it is much brighter, I actually tested it so everything looks better on the browser YouTube also you can minimize it in the little window in full screen and keep playing videos using the video assistant in tablet mode plus it doesn't limit me to 1440p like the app. I'm glad you found it because I didn't even realize it was a feature that not everyone knows to turn on or I would've asked you if you have it on
ik
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
saaaaame I'm also trying to avoid those ads, that's why I almost lost my mind when I couldn't find it 🤣. And yes it's better, also let me download videos on various websites.
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi ik,

Good to know that your problem got resolved. Thanks for sharing the resolution here, this will be helpful for other members with the same query.