Original topic:

Wallet Case

(Topic created on: 07-24-2019 07:03 PM)
xASHx
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi there,

I've recently bought a wallet case for my new Note 9. Everything about this case is good, from the quality of the materials to the size and firmness. 

However, since there's a magnet to keep the lid closed, whenever i use the S-Pen to draw something on the screen and the tip of the pen goes to the middle right part of the screen (where the magnet is), the line gets distorted. 
Sounds like the magnet is interfering with the pen. 

This behavior makes me think that it may harm the phone or the S-Pen in the future. Have you had a similar experience with a case like that? 
10 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
I honestly can't see it doing any harm to the Spen or the phone otherwise it wouldn't be on the market.
Just annoying that's it pulls your Spen
0 Likes
xASHx
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
What I'm doing is to keep my phone in the wallet case during the day and when I'm doodling, I take it out of the case.

However, I see that the official Samsung LED Wallet Case is magnetic as well. I'm afraid to pay around 50 bucks for it and then the same problem occurs!
0 Likes
GSam
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
it depends on how strong is the magnet and where it is placed. I've purchased one (non Samsung made) for my Note 8 and it totally rendered the function of the S pen and the second one did the same thing so I gave up.
0 Likes
xASHx
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Have you used the official LED Wallet Case? Since there's a magnet in that case as well, I'm not sure if I'm gonna get the same annoying effect when I'm using the S-Pen or not.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I currently use the LED View cover (wallet). It doesn't affect the S-Pen in any way and is of quite great quality. Plus it's way cooler than AOD
0 Likes
xASHx
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Do you feel it's protecting the phone well against drops or bumps?
Do I need to install an app to get its LED screen work?
Is it compatible with wireless charging pads?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes it protects the device.
No the app is already in the device firmware.
Yes it's compatible with Wireless Charging (I have one) but the LED is disabled when wirelessly charging
xASHx
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thanks. So I'm gonna order it online today. My current case is awesome but this interference is sometimes annoying.
0 Likes
CanuckMark
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
When I used a case with a metal plate at the back so I could use a magnetic phone holder. The s pen wouldn't work when phone was being held by the magnet.
0 Likes