Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Why video cannot directly save to the SD card?

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 09:44 AM)
DanLee
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I set up my storage location to SD card under the Camera setting. However when I take videos, it still save to Internal storage. Only photos can save to SD card directly. Anyone have solutions?
Thank you guys.
6 Comments
Solution
Galaxy Note

What type of SD card you are using right now?

0 Likes
DanLee
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Samsung evo plus
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy Note
Are you trying to record 8K video? If yes, it will only save to internal. Change different recording resolution.
0 Likes
DanLee
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thank you! I change the video resolution to FHD 60fps, now it save directly to the SD card. So sadly that UHD cannot save to SD card....
Galaxy Note
I think due to 4K 60 fps UHD has a lot of problems from users complaint, like lagging, video not sharp...etc. Samsung removed 4K and 8K saving directly to SD card ability.

For workaround, you can save 4K or 8K video to internal, then move to SD card afterwards to free up your internal space. 🙂
Samsung_QFRzkLI
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I think Samsung should benchmark sd card and then allow saving 4k 60fps or even 8k if sd card speed is enough.  I use Sandisk Extreme, A1SDBench shows that card can operate at 60 mb/s writing operations. On PC i can even write at 80 mb/s to this card according to benchmarks. Manufacturer states that max write speed can be even 130 mb/s.

Maybe Samsung phone's sd card controller can't operate at such speeds or what. Why PC and phone benchmark differ so much?