Original topic:

Will Task Changer regain 3rd-party launcher support??

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 11:17 PM)
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,

This is in the context of Good Lock 2021.

As the devs are well aware, ever since Task Changer was made part of the Home Up module, not only did it lose some features, but it also stopped working with 3rd-party launchers. Can someone who actually knows comment on whether this will ever be fixed? I always trusted the Good Lock devs to bring features that Samsung was reluctant to make mainstream, but I feel with this last update, Samsung has started to curtail the devs' freedom, so-to-speak. Good Lock 2020 was, to me, what made the Samsung experience unlike any other OEM out there.

Samsung, please listen to your customers. The issue above is just ONE of the many in Good Lock 2021 vs Good Lock 2020.

Thanks. 
4 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi waqqas31,

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion with us. We are considering this as feedback.

ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I agree that if it remains within homeup (task changer specifically) we should be able to have the functional use of how it was, I miss being able to open the task switcher and have it in list mode but short for me personally compared to just "list" mode and not be able to change its size
0 Likes
softcore
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I registered here just to ask the same thing. It makes much bigger difference than some might think. Tab 7+ for example is so big that my fingers wont stretch with the current default enough. On top of that, tabs shuffle their position in such "a cool" way that i have almost smashed whole tablet few times in my frustration while trying to hit the right item.

I am too used to my layout and stuff with nova launcher to give up on it. I did try though after this task changer issue.

@Halston I am delighted to see you are listening and I really appreciate all the tuning and creations you have implemented in the past! It wont go unnoticed.

waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I just installed the latest update to One UI Home from the Galaxy Store app (not an update for Home Up or Task Changer or Good Lock) but the result is that Task Changer (within Home Up) now works with 3rd-party launchers (Nova, in my case).

Thank you for listening, Samsung.

However, there is one bug. If you are currently running 2 apps in split-screen, the app drawer button in the Task Changer is greyed out. It should still be available so that we can choose whichever app we want to run in the bottom half of the split screen, even if another app is already doing that.
0 Likes