Original topic:

Yellow screen issue

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 10:16 AM)
Sun-kay-th
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi someone from Samsung please help me, my 2.5 years samsung galaxy note 9 has suddenly developed this yellow tinge, kept at full brightness but anything less than that has blurring lines and yellow tinge. 
I m feeling really bad, please help.

12 Comments
Sun-kay-th
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Well it is a horrible solution, a 1000$ phone dsnt even last 3 years! Gimme one reason I should buy a Samsung again....very disappointed
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, please check if blue light filter is ON. If yes, please turn it OFF. Could you please share the pictures of the phone screen for review?

Sun-kay-th
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hi Georgine, thanks for checking up. I am uploading the pictures here, this is with blue light filter off and full brightness Screenshot_20210601-171543_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210601-171613_Gmail.jpg
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I'm not seeing anything wrong with the screenshots provided. So definitely not software related. It could be screen degradation (ie hardware failure). Unfortunately, you will probably need to have it looked at an authorized service centre.
Sun-kay-th
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
This one is with half brightnessScreenshot_20210601-171632_Gmail.jpg
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
No way! My fiancées S8 suddenly did that a month ago but I had my old Note 9 as a back up to give to her. I thought it was strange and unheard of.
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey Sun-kay-th,
Please verify your device in safe mode to diagnose the issue exactly if the third party apps cause the issue or the device.

Safe mode to check if added apps are causing problems. This mode only loads basic system software and allows you to disable third-party applications.

1. After turning off the device, turn it on.
2. Once the Samsung logo has started, press and hold the volume down button.
3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.

How to deactivate safe mode.
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. Tap Restart.

Sun-kay-th
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hello Halston, I did turn on the safe mode for a few mins and now am back in normal mode. What do I do next?
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Sun-kay-th,
Thanks for your response.
If the issue got resolved in safe mode, then you need to uninstall recently installed apps one after another.