Original topic:

Android 13 ui 5.0 update release date (from fido schedule)

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 01:16 PM)
RandyCA
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Fido just update os update schedule. According to this date coming android 13 update. 
S22 series 21 November 
S21 series, 21fe,note 20 series 22 November. 

25 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Kinda figured Samsung Canada would lump the S22/S21 updates together. If we get the November patch included I'll give Samsung a pass for delaying the update. If we don't, what the hell are they doing.

Anyways, good to see them keeping the update promise they made to the S21 family while flipping off S22 users. I'm amazed that in 2023 Samsung still can't release updates all at once.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well that's Fido, Rogers Subsidiary but fingers crossed 🤞🏻 that it is correct.

Please tell me again, why are there any Moderators on Samsung Members Canada.. Why IS there a Samsung Members Canada in the first place?

What is it that they are actually contributing to Canadians?

I mean, it's not like they are telling us anything new, nothing about upcoming Updates, nothing about customization, and mostly cut 'n paste answers.

They cannot be getting paid for what they do here?

Just to make it CLEAR, I am not disappointed because of any delays, I don't expect to get One UI V5.0 this month even, WHY I am annoyed, is Samsung Members Canada has SAID NOTHING about One UI V5.0! 

Are they PROHIBITED from discussing it's very existence, or SHOULD it be their JOB to provide the information?? 

Just makes me shake my head in disbelief, at just how flaming Poor Samsung Members Canada is in even something as simple as this! 😡 

Looking forward? to this week's [Tepid Topic].. 🙄 

JustThinking
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Can't agree more, it is about the attitude of Samsung Canada towards Canadian market, clearly they don't care and they are taking Canadian market for granted. There is no point to have a so-called service to mimic Apple, clearly they can't keep up with Apple support at least in Canada.
There should be a unified campaign to convey a message to Samsung, that Canadian market is not worthless that they don't care, and while no plans to actively engage with the Customers. As if they think Samsung users are some loyalist and they will still around even if not taken serious.
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
That's why we shouldn't spend another dime on these bots. Let them feel the pressure
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I'm annoyed for the same reason. Major software update releases should not be communicated the way they are in Canada. We should not have to rely on carrier forums to figure out when our devices are being updated while the rest of the world has had One UI 5 for a few weeks now.

The fact that this has been a repeating pattern for *years* tells me all I need to know about how Samsung views the Canadian market. I have had the rogers os upgrade forum favourited on my phones browser since my S5. Last year I found out Android 12 was released on my Tab S7 on a whim, because one random afternoon I decided to check for updates. It is absolutely unacceptable how Samsung Canada communicates critical information like this to its users, and its gotten to the point where I am telling Canadian Samsung users on other social media platforms to come over to Samsung Members and complain.

You, myself, and a few other long-time Samsung members users are very fair with Samsung, and we have contributed a lot to this community when the moderators haven't, but clearly our own voices are not enough.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Exactly! 

I am also unimpressed, when I see Samsung "Ambassadors", essentially say:

• don't use your voice, accept what Samsung Members Canada gives you.
  • Don't ask questions & expect answers.
  • Be patient, (muzzle yourself), and make no requests for information.
  • Samsung Members, should be seen and not heard?

I would have thought that Samsung's "Ambassadors" would take a leading role in being a voice for the Members, not a silent tool for Samsung, to "keep us in line". 

Samsung Members, really ONLY exists, because of the ACTIVE people who contribute to it.

I can't begin to express just HOW disappointed I am in the "vanilla" role that has been exhibited by some of the "Ambassadors", and the silence of others. 

theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Agree with John 100%
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Ofc we get November with it. What do u think lol the thing is releasing end of November 😂
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
That is never a safe assumption with Samsung Canada. Last year the Z Flip 3 Android 12 update was delayed multiple times, and when it was finally released it was still 1 month behind in updates.