Original topic:

Bwanet.ca

(Topic created on: 02-24-2023 12:05 PM)
MxGeorge
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Help me, a website called bwanet continues to hijack my Samsung Galaxy S20 browser each time I change my simcard from anything to Virgin Plus-immediately it hijacks the browser and from what I have been told by third parties, it record logs of everything and inoculate phone with foreign objects with sole purpose to sabotage it if discovered. From reading online, this bwanet is associated with a reputable mobile company who's in a mission to just harvest people's information by force and even Samsung claims they have never heard anything about it. I am 15,000 worth in debts, I live from hand to mouth. I live on handouts. My only chance to enjoy something nice is taken away. This phone is my mobile, TV, radio, laptop. If I cannot use it. I will be gone back to medieval age and the only social media I can have would be books. How am I supposed to live without a phone in this age of gprs? This is obviously not a small problem. But I am too poor to go to the repair shop. I have been advised to contact FBI and once I send that complaint to FBI I am deciding on behalf of many people to hand over highly sensitive private information that is in my phone and I am paying phone plan $500 yet the experience is not worth it. I don't even own A warm jacket in this cold winter. I wore torn clothes. All my money goes into phones that have been the external cause of my misfortunes and low quality of life all because somebody could not even pronounce bwanet and ended the service fix halfway. I am sharing this to the community so that I cannot be told that I am lying. Why is bwanet.ca on my phone? Can someone stop them please. Your Knox ain't nothing if it is being accessed by browser which is being controlled by bwanet. Now I am afraid of Virgin Plus which I have to pay them $500 in a month. How is that fair?
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

bwanet.ca belongs to Bell Mobility. 

Open Samsung Internet & Click on Settings > Change the Search  from bwanet to Google and Reboot. 

Screenshot_20230224_152408.jpg

0 Likes
MxGeorge
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Bwanet is a virus as confirmed by third parties such as Google and its intentions is to collect logs. That's what I was told. It's a virus that hibernate when you reset and comes back. And now when I restart the phone on, it scrambles some hard resets before going off then back on again. And I do not even know what this it. This bwanet hides on drives, Spotify. It keeps moving each time I find it. It hides in fake apps with different names changed by it to camouflage. It is tiring. It is like a real life virus and I am so upset. Can bell be told to stop pursuing me?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It is NOT a "virus"! 

Do what I already suggested & it's gone as well as change the Homepage from:

bwanet.ca 

to:

Google, environment Canada, whatever you want. 

All the Carriers have THEIR homepage as the Default & you can't remove it, but you can certainly change it. 

The default on my device is rogers.com

It is not trying to track, follow or monitor your life.. 

If you are still concerned....

Screenshot_20230224_162020.jpg

MxGeorge
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
S22 5G. Okay. Thank you for the advice. Google told me it is a hijacker
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Google was wrong in this case. 

Galaxy S
To confirm I have spoken with Bell Mobility live chat and they have stated bwanet.ca is in fact a virus. They claim this is nothing to do with them.
0 Likes