Original topic:

Facebook session expired

(Topic created on: 05-23-2022 10:46 AM)
Charmer
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have an S10+ and in recent months I have noticed that I keep getting a Facebook message that says session expired and it logs me out of Facebook. Sometimes it will happen consecutively 3/4 times and multiple (5/6) times a day. I end up restarting my phone. It will work for awhile but then happens again. Sometimes it happens when I only just accessed Facebook. I've checked for updates on my phone and app. Ran diagnostic checks and everything seems to be running normally. I uninstalled and then reinstalled Facebook.
If anyone has feedback that may help resolve this issue, it would be greatly apppreciated. 

Thanks so much
😊 Char
13 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I think that you may want to ask this on whatever community FB has. I can't see it being related to Samsung in any way. 

0 Likes
Charmer
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ok, thanks
0 Likes
hawleywood79
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Maybe try just uninstalling FB for a minute then go back to Google play and reinstall it and hopefully that might fix it.. 😉
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

FB is a System app, so all you can do is uninstall the updates, but the app remains. You can however update again to the latest version. 

Charmer
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I tried that and unfortunately it is still happening. Still trying to figure out this fix.
hawleywood79
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sorry hope you can get the issue fixed
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, as you have tried everything, please contact Facebook support so that they will help you to fix the issue.

0 Likes
Charmer
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've tried contacting Facebook. Zero response. Which is why I thought I would reach out here. Thanks
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Are you using the FB app, or website? 

If you're using the website, it's likely to be similar to Samsung Members website. After a period of time you will get logged out & need to login again. 

Also like Samsung Members app, once you are logged in, you don't have to login again, & your session does not expire.

I'm not surprised, that if you tried to contact Facebook's help directly you would be waiting.

But I would think that any community forum, similar to Samsung Members, would be far more helpful. 

0 Likes