Original topic:

Front camera Problem on s20+

(Topic created on: 06-16-2021 11:49 AM)
japples
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hey, I updated my phone last week and it stopped my front camera from working. I tried the recommended option to fix it like deleting the cache and data in the camera app. It still isn't working. Warning, camera failed comes up as soon  as I put the front camera on. Any other suggestions?
5 Comments
japples
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
This is what comes upScreenshot_20210616-125143_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Try wipe cache partition
0 Likes
japples
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I've just tried that and it didn't work, I've noticed on the YouTube video, they mentioned it's common in the newer galaxies but I've never had this issue before so idk
0 Likes
Galaxy S

This usually happens when another app has permission to the camera.

You can start by restarting your device and then go into the most common apps you have that have permission to the camera such as Instagram, snapchat, Facebook etc and temporarily disabling camera permission and they try again.

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please follow the below steps, and get back to us with the results.

Reset the camera settings. Open the Camera app, and then tap Settings. Swipe to and tap Reset settings and then tap Reset.

If the above solution does not work, try rebooting the phone. By force rebooting, you can clear the phone’s internal memory and also reloading all services and apps. This can fix the problem if the camera was working fine prior to the issue.

0 Likes