Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra One UI 6 update disappeared

(Topic created on: 01-07-2024 10:26 AM)
Braydon
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone. So I have an odd issue. I recently received the One UI 6/Android 14 update on my phone, but I kept delaying it. I finally went to download it last night and had to free up some space first. I freed up the space by deleting photos that were already in Google Photos which took a while and I let it go overnight. Then, this morning I went to download the update again and it has disappeared. It says the software is up to date... Which it is not. I'm a little confused on what happened. Any ideas? It doesn't matter whether I'm on WiFi or data.

17 Comments
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I believe it's been pulled.
puppetmagic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Pulled by who? Like it's been pulled for everyone or just this guy?
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Lol, sorry for that. If it's pulled then it's been. From Samsung themselves, nobody else.

And it would be for everyone. Unless an MDM profile has restricted updates due to support limitations but that's a RARE setting to enable by any corporation that I've seen or heard of. I've worked in various industries supporting android and iOS on MDM deployments- mining financial, agricultural, etc and have yet to see os updates restricted.
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. And I haven't seen any indication that it was pulled online...
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes it's pulled. I just checked the Samsung servers and it's back to CWI1
0 Likes
puppetmagic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes very true. Maybe its a space issue on your device? Have u tried taking it to the samsung store to see what they say
0 Likes
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Nope, I don't have a Samsung Store anywhere near me although I will be near one on the weekend...
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
You don't need a Samsung store for this. You'll unfortunately need to wait until they rerelease it for the S22 officially or find the W model firmware online if someone uploaded it then use Odin to flash it on a PC
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hmm... Yeah I'd be interested to hear confirmation on this.