Original topic:

UI 4.0 Update - Edge Screen

(Topic created on: 01-28-2022 07:17 AM)
STRSSD
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

So I recently did the update of UI 4.0 to my S20+ and now my Edge panel is worthless to me. I used it as a shortcut to frequently used apps and they disappeared and now I can't even edit to put them back on. What's the point of a system update if Damsung is just going to take away features. 

For example I remember a time (I think it was the Galaxy S4) where I could 'flip' a picture and write a note on the back of it. I miss that. Also, I remember a time where you could change your font, can't do that anymore either. 😔 

9 Comments
Galaxy S
Wow...I miss that flip photo and write on the back as well. It was on my Note3. I want this feature back too. Very useful.

For the frequent app on Edge screen, I still have it on my edge screen thou.Screenshot_20220128-085740_One UI Home_14014_1643385517.jpg
0 Likes
STRSSD
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Are you using UI 4.0???
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes, Android12 OneUI4 on Note20 Ultra.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You can go to:

Settings → Display → Edge PaneIs → Panels

Choose the Apps panel. You can also click edit to add 5 more apps in the panel. But Seems like they removed the group icons feature thon.Screenshot_20220128-091611_Edge panels.jpgScreenshot_20220128-091844_Apps.jpg
0 Likes
STRSSD
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Oh I've done that but when I touch "Edit", it does NOTHING.

SOOOOO ANNOYED! 🤬
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Try go to Settings → Apps

Enable show system app

Look for Edge Panels → Storage

Clear data and cache

Restart your phone and see if you can edit it.Screenshot_20220128-092603_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi STRSSD, I request you to try the suggestions provided by Tallman, and if it doesn't resolve then backup and reset. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, Settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
STRSSD
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Oddly enough, my Edge screen appeared this morning after doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi STRSSD, Good to see that the issue got resolved. Reach us back if there is any issue.

0 Likes