Original topic:

Green tint and display uniformity problems [s20]

(Topic created on: 01-20-2021 04:22 AM)
Applemilk
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I've just purchased my s20 and I've noticed a very obnoxious green tint near the top of my display. I am using the latest version of one ui 3.0. Yes I've tried factory reseting, whiping cache, using safe mode and using 60hz instead of 120hz.

This problem is most prevalent around 30% brightness and on a grey background, any tips on fixing this?

Calling or text samsung support is completely usless. They I have contacted them multiple times and they tell that this is just how the phone is and there is no problem or to transit 2 hours to my nearest the store during the midst of a global pandemic.

Very disappointed 
12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Doesn't look remotely normal! You say that you just purchased the S20?

If it's from a Carrier & within the 2 week "no questions asked" period, I'd return it for a new phone.

BUT.. 

Before you do that, go to Settings > Display > Visibility enhancements & check that you haven't accidentally changed the colour temperatures there. 

Screenshot_20210120_073040.jpg

Applemilk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
nope I didn't touch any color setting besides setting color profile to natural so everything isnt over saturated. I got it from fido like a week ago when I was in town. it takes a long time for me to transit back to the store
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You don't have any Samsung theme installed? 

If not I'd call Fido today! I know that it's a pain but, it's a lot easier to get the problem solved now, rather than trying to get it fixed under warranty!

Since you have factory reset etc, I wouldn't wait! 

Applemilk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
fido can't really do anything to help me the best they can do give me an replacement but that means I have to visit their store and I am in quarantine so I cannot
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

FedEx! 

Applemilk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
they would never do that for me
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I believe that there's a return plastic envelope that came in the box that you received with the phone. Explain the situation to Fido customer service & I'm sure they will try to help you out. 

I can't think of anything else. 

keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Applemilk, I suggest you please contact the place of purchase and get the device checked. Let us know if you need any further help.

0 Likes
Applemilk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have already conveyed many times I'm in quarantine I cannot 'simply go to the store' we are in a global pandemic traveling long distances is no longer an easy and accessible task
0 Likes