Original topic:

How to get the Messages applications to allow me to react to texts?

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 12:01 PM)
SoarerGT72
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

How to get the Messages applications to allow me to react to texts, contacts are able to react to my texts and I see their reactions. The chat features setting is enabled on my S21 FE 5G.

0 Likes
13 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you're using Google Messages, it should be, long press on the message & you should see Reaction Emojis pop up. Select the one you want to use. 

0 Likes
SoarerGT72
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It doesn't allow that when I tap on a message
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Tap & HOLD?

It also requires that it's from Android to Android devices & with RCS (Chat) enabled. AFAIK. 

0 Likes
SoarerGT72
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah tap and hold, any clue of the S21 FE have rcs ?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I would imagine so. 

If you're using Google Messages, Click on it's Settings & You should see Chat Features (if it's supported by your device & Carrier), then Click on "Chat Features" & see if it says "Connected".

If it's not Connected you may need to wait if you see a message with something like "verifying".

5 July 2022 115612 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
SoarerGT72
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It shows connected and enabled, it still doesn't allow me to tap and hold then react
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Are you trying to "React" to a message from someone who has an Android & had sent you a Chat (RCS) message? That seems to be a requirement in order to "react".. iPhones may be a bit different. 

0 Likes
SoarerGT72
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The person have an iPhone
0 Likes
-Tony
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, did you try with the text messages from other contacts and check if it works.

0 Likes