Original topic:

How to install work profile on Android 12?

(Topic created on: 06-07-2022 04:07 AM)
Meshiahwhwhw
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I used to have the work profile installed natively in my S21+ 5G. However, I accidentally uninstalled it in the settings and have not been able to reinstall it as it was not available online

12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Your S21+ should be running Android 12 / One UI V4.1 now.

Are you wanting to setup a Work Profile for your Company's site?

Meshiahwhwhw
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yes, it is on Android 12 - I will edit it. I used to have a work profile to clone apps (some of which are useful for work) but they were solely under my control

Galaxy S
Contact your company IT. You need to activate the work profile again through your company MDM system.
Meshiahwhwhw
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I was planning to use it as a native way to clone apps as I had always done before now. No company has ever set it up on my phone

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If that's all you want to do, just setup the Secure Folder & you'll have duplicate apps in the Secure Folder. 

You could also use an App Cloner from the Play Store.

Meshiahwhwhw
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I already am using Secure Folder but it's not enough - and Play Store apps cannot always be trusted compared to a native feature

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What do you mean, it's not enough? 

0 Likes
Meshiahwhwhw
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I need 1 more clone/sandbox environment. It is useful for testing apps and also isolating privacy invasive apps/malware. Like if a government mandates a contact tracing app that pinpoints your location and always runs in the background... I'm half-joking. There are some useful apps with bad reputations like those from Tencent

Play Store apps can't always be trusted. I had always had suspicions about Parallel Space and was proven correct. Check out this gem:

Screenshot_20220607-233516_Google Play Store.jpg

Anyway, sorry for getting off-topic. All I want is for my work profile to return

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You COULD use an app called AppOps which allows you to deny any permissions you want, including System Apps (use caution ⚠️).

AppOps also requires adb / Shizuku to enable it. 

0 Likes