Original topic:

Instant erasure of my previous post

(Topic created on: 01-14-2021 01:50 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

Please explain the reasons why my previous post was erased. I was not infringing on the rules of the forum. Erasing criticism silently is just admitting that you are wrong. I've spent years on the forums to help people that even mods couldn't/wouldn't help. I'm not a troll and I don't think I deserve to be treated like this. This is very low

35 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Meanwhile, there are posts left on the site, that give the appearance that Samsung members is a dating site & not even in the Gallery, & for all we know their pictures were taken with an iphone! At least they could say the "picture" was taken with a samsung phone.... 

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
S Members has severely downgraded in quality since last year. I was hoping that this trend would be reversed by the time I could finally start to come help more often like before but there are no signs of improvements to be found. Junk is glorified, criticism is muted, spam is left on the forums, rubbish pollutes the gallery (as you pointed out)...
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's especially surprising, (maybe not) that with moderators seemingly more present, that pictures that are entirely inappropriate for a tech support site are left. 

Moderators frequently post completely false information, for example insisting that people cannot go back to a previous version of android. I had one post deleted, saying that you can go back to a previous version of android, so long as the bootloader version hasn't changed, and then "challenged" the moderator who deleted it. No response from the moderator.

It's really annoying to see moderators especially, soliciting their posts being accepted as a solution. I wonder if they get a bonus for the number of solutions...

Seems that if you're not a samsung fanboy, they are thin skinned. 

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I have nothing else to add, you've perfectly highlighted the problem at hand
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

CHMultimedia says : S Members has severely downgraded in quality since last year

and i totally agree with you and this happened after the departure of @Jeremy_from_Samsung who was really friendship with users even if we were sometimes in contradiction/disagreement with him...I remember than he took the time to discuss with US in private about differents subjects and often he asked for our opinions...he knew how to bring people together, not to disunite them.

Now, if the leaders do not agree with what we write, everything is erased ...so we have lost our freedom of expression ... like if we were living in China in a communist regime...Think about it !

I think @Jeremy_From_Samsung was the best Community Manager here and I miss him

This is my opinion

oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Welcome back!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks but I'm starting to wonder if I should return. I'm still pretty busy but with actions like this, I'm not exactly eager to return. Nothing I wrote was done maliciously, and yet...
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'm hoping that you do! There's a real vacuum of actual knowledge here, you're one of the very few truly knowledgeable people still here. 

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yeah, Samsung Canada managed to put off amazing and knowledgeable members like Shaggyskunk and Cassidy. I just don't know why I should spend my time doing someone else's job when they spit in my face in return. "Because nobody would do it" might be your reply and while it would be correct, it still feels wrong to me. If I at least get a reply on this post, I'll consider it. If not, it just means they don't care at all and neither should I.