Original topic:

Music Issues

(Topic created on: 05-02-2022 10:45 AM)
BoFett
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Since last update on S20 FE 5G my music from either player cuts in and out when the screen times out. 

Please help, it's driving me nuts. 
11 Comments
jaredv
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same issue here. I'm using Spotify and I've tried turning off battery saver, setting Spotify to never sleep, and clearing all open apps. I haven't tried it with any other music player or anything but it definitely seems like an OS level problem.
0 Likes
BoFett
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
For sure, it's happening with radio players too. Seems to be ok when using the Samsung player on the device with music stored on my cell.
0 Likes
jaredv
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Interesting. Out of curiosity what headphones are you using if any. I should mention I too have an S20 FE and Galaxy Buds +
0 Likes
BoFett
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I didn't try buds, I have the buds2 bty. I just tried the cell speakers and Bluetooth speaker
0 Likes
jaredv
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Okay well if it happens with just the cells speaker then we can rule out Bluetooth as a cause. Going to likely be some app conflict, possibly something to do with power saving. I just attempted to turn on enhanced processing to see if that made a difference and it sort of did. I encourage you to try this to see if it makes a difference for you. I found the audio played longer and cut out a bit more frequently, but it never went silent. Also going to add that Dolby Atmos is off.
0 Likes
BoFett
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I changed battery use to unrestricted, seems to have fixed it. I'm having problem now. Hopefully it stays that way.
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, could you please let us know the name of the music app causing the issue?

0 Likes
BoFett
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Spotify and local radio app, krock
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we request you to clear cache for the music apps and check if the issue is solved.

Go to settings >> Show system apps >> Select the music app >> Tap on Storage >> Clear cache.

0 Likes