Original topic:

My battery takes too long to get a charge.

(Topic created on: 09-10-2018 06:31 PM)
Manda88
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I charged my phone for 12 hours and only got 60% charge
6 Comments
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
You could have a faulty charger, I would suggest trying out different chargers first just to make sure.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Manda88 Your S6 is a few years old now - If you have the original battery installed - That could be the problem - Use the Diagnostics available here on Samsung Members app to test it - In addition to the other suggestions here 🐧
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It's a J3 the person says, which was released in Canada in early 2017.

But indeed the battery might be faulty. Since the battery is removable, the person should just buy a new one. Best case scenario the charger is faulty and the person now has 2 batteries so he can get 100% charge in one minute.

Worst case scenario the first battery was faulty, problemo solved, the person has a brand new battery.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well you posted under the S6 device & it COULD still be the battery - Test it with the Diagnostics available here on Samsung Members app - Try a different USB cable and Charging block 🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia I missed that he tagged it as a J3 - I only noticed that he posted it in the S6 category 😉🙂
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Manda88,
Try using a different charging cord. If that doesn't work try using the diagnostics available on Samsung members or alternatively just take it to your nearest Samsung Service Center.
-Jenna
0 Likes