Original topic:

My wishlist for One UI 2.0 (Android 10)

(Topic created on: 08-27-2019 01:29 PM)
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I was bored and made a wishlist, don't know if Samsung will see it though.

8 Comments
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

Thanks, I just wish I could create concepts showing off what I mean instead of describing it but oh well. I also type like a 5 year old still LOL.

It seems that Samsung is becoming more and more like Apple, which scares me really.

0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
lol
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
One more thing: Provide a GSI of OneUI. This way, multiple devices can enjoy OneUI without having it specifically designed for it. Then check the model number and compare it with a built-in list (doesn't need to be updated) of models and their supported features. Enable features accordingly. With it being a single platform with the same code everywhere also helps iron out bugs/troubleshoot.

This would be a simple solution to the demand of users for longer support, especially since people are holding on their devices for longer (and also since carriers decided 3 years contracts were not illegal again)

Oh and add background images to AOD. They used to be there before and they looked so great
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

You mean something like Project Mainline?

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2019/05/fresher-os-with-projects-treble-and-mainline.html

It basically makes it so that software updates can be released through the Play store, rather then having to go through carriers in order to release an update. Not sure if all Android OEMs will support this feature though.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No. Not Mainline. A GSI is a generic system image. It exploits Project Treble. You can flash it to run the new OS. Mainline is just updates to single components (by Google, no less!!!!). Not full OTAs.

"Project Mainline enables us to update core OS components"
"Mainline components are still open sourced."

Not fitting Samsung or OEM's custom software.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Treble is mandatory for all devices launched with Oreo. This, Google said it was not negotiable. For everyone.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
.....a frenzied sloth?
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I read somewhere that in a near future the updates Will be make directly in Play store 🤔
0 Likes