Original topic:

New phone!! Who Dis??πŸ˜…

(Topic created on: 07-19-2023 02:27 PM)
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
So guess what??? Someone finally got in the Flagship Samsung Club!!! Just got done migrating from Shaw Mobile to Rogers. So we took the opportunity to upgrade devices(wife, of course stuck with the Dark Side and went from iPhone XR to iPhone 14 +πŸ˜’) and of course, I took the opportunity to get a Samsung S23 Ultra!!!! My first flagship device that's new!!! So far I've only tested the night mode outside our house last night and those are the photos I've included along with a selfie. If anyone has any tips or advice for me, let me know. I'm so geeked!πŸ€“πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©. Going to sell my A53 5G and use that money to buy a Samsung watch and used Galaxy buds. Is there a forum for selling stuff here?

14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Congratulations 🎊 

I am certain that you will love the upgrade! 

Whenever I've sold a used device, I've always used Kijiji. I have tended to keep my old devices, but I've never had any issues with Kijiji 

Before you post & set a price, have a look on Kijiji to see what others are selling theirs for, and the condition they were in, just to get an idea of how much you should ask. 

Enjoy & hopefully your wife's decision to go with Apple, won't be a contentious πŸ˜‚

πŸ‘πŸ»

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Well, I posted it on FB Marketplace and looked at others' posts for the same device. I will also list it on Kijiji, too, as sometimes I actually forget about it, believe it or not...the 1st Marketplace for selling your unwanted items. But I listed it for $400 since I bought it less than a year ago for $589, and it's still in excellent condition. I'm also including a cable and a 25W Fast Charger as I want a 45 W Charger. I did mention I would be a bit open to negotiating, but not too much, of course. I also want to have enough to buy those other Samsung devices.
As far as the wife is concerned, she tried her hand at Android years ago and it seemed waaay too different for her not so tech savvy self, lol. So she is sticking to the Dark Side. And I know better to not stir up the contention on that...since I manage to do it in other ways somehow, lol🀣🀣
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi AmeriCanuck, congratulations on purchasing the new S23 Ultra.

We hope that you'll enjoy the new device and the best features of it.

Thank you.

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Thank you
0 Likes
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
CongratulationsπŸ₯³!
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Rogers called me too. $50 for plan with iPhone 14 Plus or S23 Ultra. Said they'd buy out my current contract.
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
They called back. Kept the guy from New Delhi on the line for a good 35 minutes. He wasn't too happy in the end.
Galaxy S

Congrats! There's a bunch of videos on YouTube with tips to try, but the first thing I would look into is the Routines and Modes feature, so handy to have.

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yeah, Ive looked at a few videos already and learned some things. I was using some of those Modes on my A53, so they transferred over to this device. I use the Sleep Mode, Driving Mode, Work mode and a few different routines for watching videos, turning my connections on/off like when leaving or arriving home, etc.
0 Likes