Original topic:

S20 FE notification reminder keeps ringing

(Topic created on: 04-27-2022 05:07 PM)
NateDog14
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
As per the title my notication reminder keeps ringing after I have cleared the notification. It only happens for text messages and not any other app that I put reminders for. Also it only started happening when I upgraded to the OS back in Feburary. Any help would be appreciated. 
0 Likes
15 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If the Notification Reminder is only happening for Text Messages, open the Messaging app & go to it's Settings & Notifications, Toggle OFF the Reminders. 

0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please follow the patch given by RedDogRabbit to turn OFF the notification reminder.

Thank you RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
NateDog14
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi Axton, yes I understand how to turn off the reminder, but I would like it to function normally. I talked to samsung support yesterday and they suggested going into safe mode. I did that and then reset back to normal mode and I thought it worked, but the notification reminder is back again after I cleared a text message.
0 Likes
NateDog14
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Also I notice now it rings when I have my phone unlocked and there is no visible message.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Since the Notification is occurring even when there is no Text message, it sounds like you have the same issue as some others. 

Try this using Samsung's My Files app and search for "IPL 2022“and delete it & Reboot.

See if the issue is resolved. 

0 Likes
NateDog14
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have tried searching for IPL 2022, but I do not have a file with that name. Is there a specific folder in which I can find it?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If it's the same issue as some others had, then the Notification sound is likely Samsung's "Over the Horizon" notification tone. It should be in Samsung's Media or Music Folder & it is called "Over the Horizon". Just delete it & hopefully you won't get this random notification any longer. 

0 Likes
NateDog14
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hey reddog, I have tried searching for over the Horizon as well, but have come up with nothing. It seems I do not have this file either. I have checked my internal storage and even my SD card. Nothing with that name. I really appreciate your help by the way. Seems like you want to help me more then samsung.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you're using Samsung's My Files, click on Internal Storage & look for these two Folders, Ringtones (Open it & see if Over the Horizon is there) & the second Folder, Samsung & look for Music & Click on it... See if Over the Horizon is there?

Again this is what seemed to be the issue for others.

So if you found Over the Horizon in either, or both Folders, delete it, Reboot & 🤞

Samsung's Moderators... yeah..