Original topic:

S20+ scanning

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 09:53 AM)
Squeakie
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
What is best way to scan documents, QR codes etc on the Galaxy S20+ ?
0 Likes
7 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

First , in your camera Settings, Enable Scene Optimizer ...Second ,Do the same thing on your camera screen, i put a picture to show you where to Enable it on the camera screen...

You will find QR code in the Settings also, just Enable it too

This is the best way to scan a document and a code

vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I would recommend this app ---)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplescan.scanner

by far the easiest to use and share. well worth the pro version. you can send a pdf, sign a document, cloud a document the list goes on.

for qr codes if you have Google set to your home button hold that and hit scan button on the left easiest way I can think of.
0 Likes
Squeakie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
thanks guys
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Squeakie,
There are a few easy ways to decode QR Codes, with Bixby Vision and Samsung Internet or Samsung Internet and through the Camera app simply point your camera at the code and instantly be redirected to URLs links, Geo Co-ordinates, contact information or text messages.
Using Bixby Vision:
1. Launch you Camera app > tap Bixby Vision
2. Allow the Bixby Vision permissions then tap Next
3. Allow the 3 Bixby Vision pop-up permissions
4. Scan the QR Code then tap Go to launch the website
Note: If you are unable to scan the QR Code, try repositioning your camera to get a better angle of the code, also ensure that you have enabled this lens within your Bixby Vision settings. To check this setting launch Bixby Vision > tap the 3 dots > Settings > Toggle on QR Code.
Using the Gallery app:
1. Once you have captured your QR Code screenshot, head into the Gallery app
2. Select the QR Code screenshot
3. Tap on the Bixby Vision icon Bixby Vision button.
4. Ensure you select Lens then allow Bixby Vision to read the QR Code. Once read tap on the popup webpage to be redirected to your default internet browser app.
Using Samsung Internet:
1. Launch Samsung Internet
2. Select the 3 lines bottom right the screen
3. Tap on Settings
4. Select Useful Features
5. Toggle on QR Code reader
Note: If this option isn't available on Samsung Internet ensure that you are running on the latest app update. You can update these applications via the Google PlayStore, Galaxy store.
6. Head back to the homepage and touch the URL link > select the QR Code icon
7. Tap Allow on the popup permissions
8. Position the QR Code within the guidelines to detect the code. Once the code has been detected, you will automatically be redirected.
Please follow the steps provided by Cassidy to access the QR code from Camera Settings.
Thanks to Cassidy and vape for your information.

0 Likes
Squeakie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks so much.You guys are very helpful
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Squeakie,

Good to hear that your problem got resolved. Please click on Accept as Solution because it will be helpful for other members with the same query.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Halston

thanks for asking @Squeakie to Accept my answer as Solution because i was the first to give the solution

To do that, please Click on the 3 dots where is my Answer and Click on Accept Solution ..
Have a nice day 😊
Cheers
0 Likes