Original topic:

S23 Ultra Front Facing Camera

(Topic created on: 03-13-2023 05:28 PM)
parma77
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Is anyone else having troubles with the quality of pictures taken on the front facing camera? 
The pictures appear slightly blurry not clear and crisp before I take a picture on the screen and then after I take a picture and view it in the gallery. I've even turned off all the face modifications like smooth skin, jawline etc and changed the colour tone to warm from natural. All the updates have been completed as well but despite trying everything the pictures are still awful. The selfies on my S21 are still way better in quality compared to this new phone. It's quite disappointing. 
6 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi parma77, please perform camera reset and try again.

Open the Camera's Settings & Reset the Camera.  Go to Settings >> Apps >> Camera & Clear BOTH Cache & Data for the Camera. Reboot.

If that doesn't work, please perform wipe cache partition and check for the issue. You can also check the diagnostics in the camera app.

Below are the steps to perform clear cache partition.

1.Turn off the unit.

2.Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button. When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).

3.Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition".

4.Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted.

5.Press the Power button to reboot the unit.

djvn
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes, I also experiencing same issue with my s23 ultra. Especially the black levels are not good. I hope this issue will be addressed in the future updates.
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi djvn, we are sad to hear that you are facing the same issue with the S23 Ultra camera.

Just to confirm, have you tried to reset the Camera app and also any other troubleshooting steps to solve the issue?

Summar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's still same, i done all of them.
0 Likes
Summar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
@parma77 Same here, I used to have the S21 Ultra, one of the best front cameras. I bought the S23 Ultra. I thought this phone would be amazing, but the front camera quality is really garbage😐 Even when I make a video call on WhatsApp, another person can't even see me in low light.
mattj1990
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Mines all jittery no matter what I do it keeps trying to auto focus but won't stop