Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

SAMSUNG CANADA UPDATES

(Topic created on: 11-03-2023 08:52 PM)
USARIOCOMUN
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S

Hello friends, I recently acquired a Canadian device but I have noticed that it has not received updates since September, my phone is an operator-free Samsung S23 with an XAC provider. Reading on this page I noticed that several of you complain that Samsung always forgets Canada, they do not receive patches. on time and in UI6.0 we will be the last, even Mexico has already begun to free itself. How true is this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's not true, it is nonsense. 

Neither Canada nor the US has received the October Security Patch, or the One UI V6.0 Stable update.. yet. 

Verizon in the US, apparently started to release the One UI V6.0 Stable update, but it was stopped due to an issue. 

Some Canadians just like to feel hurt, ignored, left out.. 

The only reason why the October Security Patch OTA was delayed for the S23 series, was because of the imminent arrival of One UI V6.0 Stable. 

View solution in context

10 Comments
Galaxy S
A list research goes a long way. Canada is not forgotten. Keep in mind there are over 100 million galaxy devices in the world it is a gradually done roll out. And manually check for software.
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Agreed. I believe the delay and reason for the staggard rollout is mostly the same done for ALL phones that could be upgraded since the Feature phone days (J2ME, S40, etc) ... and that is the carrier radio firmware!

For calls, call quality, VoIP over LTE/5G, LTE/5G/5G millimeterwave (or whatever it's called I forget at the moment) and especially QoS!

I had forgotten this critical importance and its probably why providers usually will hint when a release is imminent - as their engineering team reporting to executives and marketing team gets word of finalization of testing was successful and fine tuning is almost complete.
0 Likes
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's not true, it is nonsense. 

Neither Canada nor the US has received the October Security Patch, or the One UI V6.0 Stable update.. yet. 

Verizon in the US, apparently started to release the One UI V6.0 Stable update, but it was stopped due to an issue. 

Some Canadians just like to feel hurt, ignored, left out.. 

The only reason why the October Security Patch OTA was delayed for the S23 series, was because of the imminent arrival of One UI V6.0 Stable. 

Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I'm not so sure I agree about Canada receiving an October update.

I live ans have always lived in Canada.
I purchased my Gaalxy S23 from the top Candian cellular provider (rated by active subscribers across the country), Roger's Wireless.

Here is my software details from Settings, About Phone, Software.

Software Uodate shows I have the latest dated September - see attached.

However I sweat the first week of October 2023 so unless I'm missing rhe information or unsure where to look I'm curious to know. I alow software update over both wifi and cellular!Screenshot_20231104_230900_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20231104_230940_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
What is an XAC provider,? How is the op certain this is a Canadian released device?!
0 Likes
USARIOCOMUN
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

easy, all devices have a termination at the end of the model, either U, for American models in this case for Canada it is termination w to know that your region is Canada, now the supplier xac is the one who sells the device, for Telus, virgin mobile ...the code is different which means that it is from a telephone operator and the xac terminal means that it is free from the factory without an operator.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

"U&U1" are both American devices. 

0 Likes
USARIOCOMUN
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

of course I just didn't put something short

0 Likes
IsaiahEIIiott