Original topic:

Samsung galaxy s23 ultra unable to recognize esim downloaded from airtel thanks.

(Topic created on: 11-29-2023 10:56 AM)
LokeshKokku
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone,

I am facing the issue and has been struggling to navigate the issues with Samsung and airtel customer care support.

1. Converting esim from one phone to another using airtel thanks app downloads esim onto our mobile, this should automatically picked by Samsung phone as a setting we needed to take further. But isnt happening airtel thanks app mentions the esim is ready to be downloaded with below messages.

But Samsung s23 ultra international varient didn't show any notification or sim setting.
By the way for people living in abroad airtel doesnt provide esim qr code anymore as per customer care.

Does anyone has this issue fixed.
0 Likes
12 Comments
VinayRenuk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Even have the same problem and the problem is with the process. AIRTEL have changed esim process from November. Earlier we use to send esim with registered email ID and we use to get QR code to download the esim but now we are supposed to upgrade an esim via airtel thanks app but updating new phone eid and wait for 4 hours to download the esim...here we have the problem after following the process we don't get esim to download on the new phone.. but jio and vi still works as they have qr code scan process. Same have been updated in the samsung site ... https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-esim-and-supported-network-carriers/
0 Likes
savavenkata26
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

yes , I too had similar issues with Airtel prepaid physical sim trying to convert the same to esim on My new samsung s24 ultra brought from Canada,  the Airel customer service agent told me to check with Samsung service personal for this issue,  but I tried with Jio prepaid sim to convert the same to esim on the same s24 ultra it was successful and got esim conversion without any issue,  the problem is with Airtel not Samsung. So better check the same with different service provider before we go to Samsung service center for rectification or complaint 

0 Likes
LokeshKokku
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Update on this... tried again on one ui 6.0 and worked it out.
Steps: download esim from airtel.
Go to sim setting and clicked multiple times non stop on the "add esim".
And it showed the downloaded esim and got it activated.
0 Likes