Original topic:

Samsung galaxy s23 ultra unable to recognize esim downloaded from airtel thanks.

(Topic created on: 11-29-2023 10:56 AM)
LokeshKokku
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone,

I am facing the issue and has been struggling to navigate the issues with Samsung and airtel customer care support.

1. Converting esim from one phone to another using airtel thanks app downloads esim onto our mobile, this should automatically picked by Samsung phone as a setting we needed to take further. But isnt happening airtel thanks app mentions the esim is ready to be downloaded with below messages.

But Samsung s23 ultra international varient didn't show any notification or sim setting.
By the way for people living in abroad airtel doesnt provide esim qr code anymore as per customer care.

Does anyone has this issue fixed.
0 Likes
12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Where are you located? 

Airtel is a Carrier in India. This is Samsung Members Canada. 

0 Likes
LokeshKokku
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am residing in canada. Trying for international roaming
0 Likes
Ja55ie
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Let me what happened, i am still using airtel physical sim in canada and signals from rogers

I thought to move to esim i guess i would keep using physical sim
0 Likes
LokeshKokku
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Use it as ita bro
0 Likes
LokeshKokku
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I moved it to esim successfully. Check the update at the end of post
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I request you to please contact the network service provider as they have only access of it.

0 Likes
LokeshKokku
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
As i said their is no denial in samsung s23 ultra failed to recognize downloaded sim.
Because the same esim downloaded through airtel thanks app worked and showed in system setting in iphone.
Me being a Big andriod fan saw the issue samsung of being too unknown of this as iphone has it figured.
Airtel service mentioned as i am being abroad on roaming makes me un servicble with qr code.

So my experience being.
Samsung customer care: they havent even acknowledged the issue.

Airtel customer care: couldn't service me as i am abroad.
ShriHari
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Any solution for this, some one please 🥺🙏

0 Likes
Members_R9Zdbj8
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm facing the same problem on my amazing s24 ultra.  A few months back I have tried installing esim on pixel 8pro and I'm actually using iPhone 14 pro max both actually download esim from airtel fine.  The problem seems to be with Samsung only.  Something I notice in Pixel 8 Pro was that it gave me the option to try to "download esim" and then Airtel pops up. Samsung phone only has two options- use qr code or transfer from another android phone.  I'm wondering why

0 Likes