Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Tab S6 QR code wants to do a cmc://setting change to my S8

(Topic created on: 07-31-2020 02:26 PM)
beepbeep
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Tab S6 QR code wants to do a cmc://setting change to my S8 to establish a "call and text of other device."  How do I accomplish this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey beepbeep,

Thanks for providing the phone and tablet information.
Please follow the below steps on your phone and get back to us with the results.
Go to Settings > Advanced features > Toggle on Call & text on other devices > Tap on the Agree button to proceed to the next step.

View solution in context

140 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi beepbeep,
To make calls and send messages on a device other than your phone, you'll need to add the same Samsung account to both the phone and the tablet. Next, navigate to Settings and search for and select Call & text on other devices on both the phone and tablet. Turn the feature on by tapping the switch. The connection will occur automatically.

Now you can make and answer calls or send messages on your tablet.

Note: You can transfer all your messages from your phone to your tablet using Smart Switch.

beepbeep
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My S8 phone does not have Call & Text anywhere - I have Sprint/T-Mobile which may be the problem.  I am signed into the same Samsung account on both devices.  The Tab S6 comes up with a QR code immediately when I attempt to link and it tells me to take a picture of the QR with my phone.  On the phone, the QR code is translated into string cmc://setting? ........  It copies it to Samsung Notes.  Both devices are up to date and the S8 is running Android 9 and the Tab S6 is 10 I believe.  I'm assuming this is some type of phone firmware correction which does give me some apprehension.  I've done something like this on an old S4, but the S8 seems to have a completely different interface and I do not see a way to utilize the cmc:// string

Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Kk

Marcusdunnican
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Fyf

Samsung galaxy 

0 Likes
Solution
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey beepbeep,

Thanks for providing the phone and tablet information.
Please follow the below steps on your phone and get back to us with the results.
Go to Settings > Advanced features > Toggle on Call & text on other devices > Tap on the Agree button to proceed to the next step.

Adriana_Vazquez
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Does this work for samsung A11? 

Moneshkumar
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Rjjfjfjfjfjfjjfjf

RichardB1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Now What's the next step?

Somaiya238
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Does it have to be a Samsung phone. I have an LG Velvet phone, can it be connected to the tablet for calls and text.