Original topic:

Things to know before using Samsung Financing or Samsung Care+

(Topic created on: 04-29-2024 11:41 AM)
WhoaTJ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

First things first, DO NOT apply for Samsung Financing. Its the biggest scam you can ever get involved in. The website for Samsung Financing isnt ran by Samsung, in fact its a website that TD Bank put together on the fly. The were so quick to put this up that they didnt even professsionalize its domain. The left it at MyOnlineAccount.net. Thats just where it starts. 

If you opt for Samsung Care+, you're in for a special treat after you pay off your phone and no longer need it (like i did). Cancelling this parasite of a subscription is an even bigger challenge. You have to dig to find information on how to cancel because Samsung hides it. You cant find it anywhere in your Samsung Account and you also cant find it with your financing account. You have to search through the depths of Google in order to cancel it. The easiest way to cancel this subscription is via email or phone. After 2 emails and 4 calls, i am STILL being charged for Samsung Care+. Every month it comes straight out of my Samsung Financing account despite my many attempts at closing this stupid thing. 

Many will say "Why dont you call Samsung Fianancing and have them freeze the account?". Well, i did. In the words of TD BANK/ Samsung Financing "We cannot freeze the account or stop Samsung Care+, that has to be done through them directly. Even if we close you account, they will still be able to bill the account until the line of credit has been exhausted". Yea, you read that right. Even after you CLOSE you Samsung Finance account, Samsung can continue to bill you despite the account being in a closed state. I have never heard of a credit line thats closed being able to remain used in that fashion until Samsung came around. 

Just a recap, you cannot cancel Samsung Care+ on your terms by any means and if you get it, you are stuck with it..........for life. Luckily, TD Bank has dispute forms that you can fill out for this very reason. But why Samsung has to do this to their customers is beyond me. Terrible business practice. 

2 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are sorry to hear this issue from you and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform you that cancellation is valid only within 30 days from the date of purchase. Unfortunately, it is not possible to cancel the plan after 30 days.

For terms and conditions, please visit this link: www.samsung.com/ca/samsungcare

However, if you want to cancel Samsung Care+ plan within the first 30 days from the date of purchase of the plan, we have a dedicated team who can help you with this. Also, would like to inform you that they are both handled by different teams. Affirm (formerly known as Pay Bright) is one of Canada’s leading installment payment providers.

We kindly request you to contact our Online shopping team by visiting the given link, so that they assist you accordingly and also they can clarify you about Pay Bright.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Samsung. Please accept our sincerest of apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Not sure what you are talking about because the financing that's being done via Samsung is by affirm.

And when you agree to pay for Samsung care+, you have the options to purchase the plan for 1 year or 2 years. And then you pay it off within the same terms chosen for financing the device. So there's no "being stuck for life" with it.

I'm curious, are you in Canada? Because this is the Canadian forum.

From what I know, the samsung financing account isn't offered here.

I've financed a few things with Samsung and it always went through smoothly with Affirm. Including purchases with Samsung Care+
0 Likes