Original topic:

Way to stop navigation bar hiding while watching videos

(Topic created on: 12-18-2020 03:09 PM)
Deval
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone have an idea? 
How to stop navigation bar from hiding, even while watching video?(Like YouTube, Amazon prime video)

In the navigation bar setting, I keep navigation button setting ON. I don't keep "full screen gesture setting" ON.

I need to use "recent app button" in navigation bar, while watching video.

I have Samsung galaxy S9 device. 

Any idea? Please
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy S
I also have the S9 phone. If you go into settings, display, tap the circle beside buttons or swipe gestures and that will give you access to the navigation bar.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey Deval,
Using Gestures removes the Navigation Bar from the bottom of the screen of Samsung Galaxy devices and requires you to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to activate the Recents, Home and Back buttons. It's a little tricky to get used to, but it means you get 100% of the Infinity display to use rather than having the bottom of the screen taken up by the Navigation Bar. It looks pretty amazing when you're watching videos or playing games, but it's also great for reading and using split-screen to view two apps at once.
Go to Settings> Display> Scroll down and select Navigation Bar> Tap the radio button to switch to Gestures> Select whether or not you'd like to use Gesture Hints. They'll appear as lines at the bottom of the screen rather than full-sized buttons
Thanks, jayman1973 for providing the information.

Deval
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks Jayman1973 and Halston for your help.

I want to lock navigation bar all the time, even while watching video.

I have navigation bar setting ON. but it disappears, while watching video. I want navigation bar (button) to be visible all the time.

Any way to lock navigation bar?
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Please follow the below steps and check:

From Settings, search for and select the Navigation bar. Touch the Navigation bar again and then choose between Navigation buttons (navigation bar visible) and Full-screen gestures (navigation bar hidden).

You can also adjust the order of the buttons on the Navigation bar. 

From Settings, search for and select the Navigation bar. Touch Navigation bar again. Then, scroll to the Button order and choose your desired setup.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Not sure why you'd want the navigation bar taking up valuable screen space, personally I'd use gestures, but that's just me 🤷
Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
swipe from the right when you are watching full screen to see you navigation bar..
CoRoy
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I also am having that annoyance... I'd rather have the navigation bar up so when it's in landscape mode I can hit a button to back out without having to swipe on the **bleep** screen. That always skips through the video or does some other function that takes more time to and fumbling to just GO BACK A WINDOW! I felt your pain homie when I was reading some of the suggestions.

0 Likes
EJ3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same issue here, I switched to S22 from my old phone and i found out that i cannot use the back button while playing games. Having to do the the swipe gesture just to make the back button appear is absolute nonsense, to me it's equivalent to not being able to use the back button at all. I've searched all over the internet and went through all possibilities in the settings and nothing can make my back button remain there while playing games or watching YouTube.  I play games with my Back button, it makes things much faster and smoother. There is no enable/disable setting for this and i'm forced to see the navigation panel sink after like 1 second it's so frustrating. I'm going to dig into some developer options and see if i can find anything. If i still cannot solve it, i will sell the phone.