Original topic:

Why is Facebook a system app!?

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 10:59 AM)
Mo31
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Who else agrees it's extremely stupid and manipulative of samsung to make a social media app a system app?
I'm not asking for an answer to how to remove it completely because others already wrote that, but just complaining of how f**ked it is. Especially that more than 90% of users don't know how to root their phones or whatever to remove it. Samsung, if you're reading this, f*ck you. 
61 Comments
Galaxy S
I disagree with you. If you are not happy with Facebook, don't use it. Facebook is not a system app. It is an app that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. You don't have to root the phone to remove the app. Just go into settings, apps, scroll down to Facebook and at the very bottom of the page, tap "uninstall" and that will get rid of the app and all of its updates.
0 Likes
Mo31
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
That doesn't work on my phone. Or many, Many, others like me. It comes preinstalled and can't be deleted. You don't think I tried? I tried and i contacted Samsung multiple times about it. The only way i found was to root my phone.
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Don't listen to Jayman1973, maybe boomers phone don't have social media but most modern phone comes with Facebook preinstalled and they cannot be uninstalled, only disabled. Samsung seriously love to push their **bleep** bloatwares into our phone!!
Mo31
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah i agree with you. Jayman appears to think his phone is the only phone in existence, and since he can do uninstall, everyone else is wrong in his eyes. If only he realises other people also exist with their own separate experiences.
afterdark7187
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

and this problem is not restricted only to Samsung phones, aosp Android has also Facebook as a system app... 😒😒

0 Likes
Phil_from_London
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This one has gone right over your head.

0 Likes
Samsung_wFDZ0Q7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Sir I think you Don't Understand, FB app became a SYSTEM app not just you download it, if you download it, it will not move to SD storage anymore, Samsung update make the FB app To be a System app.. You should comprehend 1st before you post your comment. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
I own the S21 Ultra 5G and have the capability to uninstall Facebook.
0 Likes
Mo31
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Good for you. You want a cookie?