Original topic:

Why is my Canadian S21 showing it has the 888

(Topic created on: 09-20-2021 08:49 PM)
special_occasion
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So it says everywhere the US gets this with Snapdragon 888, Canada and others get Exynos 2100.

I live in Canada. I bought this from my provider which is the biggest in the country (Bell). So I was totally sure I had the Exynos.

Just now tho I noticed on Bell's site in specs it says it has the 888. So naturally I was like "lol newbs just pasted the first thing they saw."

But then I checked a couple of those hardware apps and they say I have the 888? That makes no sense right? What's a reliable way to check for sure? 

0 Likes
23 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Canada always gets the Snapdragon, you bought your phone from Bell therefore you have the Snapdragon.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Last Canadian Flagship with the Exynos chip, was the SM-G930W, which was the last Canadian Galaxy that didn't have a locked bootloader & you could easily Root it.

It was fun! 🤙

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, the good old S7
special_occasion
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I don't mean to be rude but are you sure y'all aren't tripping? Every video I watched and every site I've checked explicitly states that Canada gets Exynos. I have zero knowledge of previous phones could it be a new thing maybe? If somebody could confirm with a source and maybe link that would be great I'm not saying everyone is wrong I just wanna double check yall are saying this based on knowing about it for this specific phone and not just saying it because that's how it always been. Thanks.
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Download from the playstore CPU-Z I think the exynos is for Europe
special_occasion
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Z Cpu also says Snapdragon but I tried one app that did say Exynos..Castro is the appScreenshot_20210920-231728_Device Info~2_1293.jpgScreenshot_20210920-231845_Castro~2_1292.jpgScreenshot_20210920-232601_CPU-Z_1294.jpg
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I had the s21 ultra and it had the snapdragon I think north America got the snapdragon
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yes, Canada & the US have identical hardware & the same Snapdragon chip. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

In About Phone > Software Information, if after the model number ie: SM-G998 is immediately followed by the letter "W" that's the Canadian version which definitely has the Snapdragon chip.

The Exynos International variant would have the letter "F" instead.