Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Wifi Connected on Some Devices but not on Others In Same Room...

(Topic created on: 09-30-2022 05:26 PM)
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
In my household there are 4 different devices. A Samsung S22, a Samsung S21, a Samsung S20 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. We even have an Asus Laptop with Windows 11. With all these devices right beside eachother, some will connect to the wifi, while others will only connect with no internet. Ive tried changing the MAC address type from Randomized to Phone or Tablet and there are still issues. How is it 4 Samsung Devices side by side won't all be connected to the wifi? The S22 and S21 usually always connect fine. But the S20 is off and on, the A7 Lite Tablet rarely connects (always connected without internet) and even the Asus Laptop will say it's connected to wifi but the internet browsers say there isn't any Internet connection. We have a wifi extender. Is it the devices themselves? Is it the internet provider? Is it the extender? Makes no sense to me. Thanks for your help in advance!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
If this is the case, try reset network on your device.

Note that reset network will make you rejoin all wifi networks and all bluetooth devices.

View solution in context

15 Comments
KiaKaha
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Wifi extenders don't work that well I heard. I went for the nest hub points with the Google nest Wifi. Will they all connect when you are closer to the router and not using the extender?
This may confirm the Wifi extenders produce a weaker signal and hence connection issues.
Someone with more tech experience can confirm or correct this.
0 Likes
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ill have to test that. The S22, S21 and S20 all do but I never take my tablet up to the main house (i live on a farm) so I'm not sure. This was happening with the tablet before we got the extender however. Now the other devices get a way better signal when connected to the extender, but the tablet is the biggest issue...
0 Likes
KiaKaha
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
If we are correct maybe a Google nest system would work better, at least it works for me. Good luck Trista
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Most likely WiFi extender causing the problem. Try remove WiFi extender from your network and put all devices close to your wireless router. All devices should connect with no problem.
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'm now trying to connect to my boyfriends hotspot and again, connected without internet. So Im really thinking it's the devices. But they were fine, except the tablet, until yesterday
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
If this is the case, try reset network on your device.

Note that reset network will make you rejoin all wifi networks and all bluetooth devices.
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Okay trying that now, will report back soon 😊
0 Likes
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It seems to have worked! Thank you!!
KiaKaha
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Routers also have a life span, they are constantly on and produce heat...
0 Likes