Original topic:

Yes we will finally get august patch for S24 in Canada

(Topic created on: 08-30-2024 04:46 PM)
JackVac
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

We will need to still be patient a bit but at least we will get it. I wonder if it hasn't been delayed so it will come with one ui 6.1.1. I don't what will be the date for telus (which is my Carrier) since this update schedule is for fido but normally it's pretty much the same between every Carriers.

Edit: got august update with 6.1.1 this morning which is exactly what I predicted.
23 Comments
Galaxy S
Yes, Rogers also is September 10th for S24.
SamAMCanuck
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Samsung support for flagships simply ***. 2022 Motorola Edge gets it ahead of S24, really!?
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Uh no. You're understanding of security updates from Google vs security updates from manufacturers with UI to include their own security updates and bug fixes is ***
0 Likes
Bouncyknight
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Is this 6.1.1?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I know that a couple of sites are saying that the S24 series (along with a few others) will get the One UI V6.1.1 OS, but I am still very skeptical, that any devices, other than the Flip / Fold & Tablets will receive the VX.1.1 OS.

Much more likely, in my opinion that the S24 series will receive the One UI V7.0 update... we'll see. 

JackVac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Doesn't non folding flagship normally gets x.1.1 oneui updates?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

They never have in the past. 

Only Flip / Fold & Tablets have ever received the VX.1.1 updates previously.. and given that One UI V7.0 is just around the corner, I'd be very surprised if the S24 series got VX.1.1. 

JackVac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
My A51 had one ui 5.1.1
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Is that a One UI Core device?I know that the S20 21,22 & 23 series never had a X1.1 OS. 

0 Likes