Original topic:

425 bucks on last year's phone

(Topic created on: 07-26-2023 04:50 AM)
kingjamz
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
So like many I watch the release event of the newest flagship fold and flips. So my curiosity brought me to there website to pre-order, nice colours, and beautiful hinge! So I selected the options of my next new phone, 1tb, blue and black color etc, im already in love! Then I was offered a trade in, SWEET! My fold 4 should be worth alot! It's the 1tb model online exclusive... that was NOT the case lol infact if you have a fold 3 you'll get about 300 more on trade in!!! How... did a phone that cost 3k last year (after taxes amd shipping) only trade in for 425 bucks!?!?! (Canadian) SAMSUNG do better! At minimum this model of phone should be at least $1000 bucks easy! Especially since they'll be able to cannibalize the fold 4s for more stock on the Fold 5 lol (everything is the same beside the chip inside it, the glass on the outside and where they put the led light lol... the phones are identical otherwise. So why do I want it? The folding hinge, a more flatter folding phone is ideal and I'd be less scared to put the phone in my pocket lol and yes oddly enough I like the tall vs wide phones so this tall display is ideal for me (websites seem more natural, X(twitter) and other social media, texting etc also some games are ok, but the inside screen is for that really. Anyways 425 on a trade in... SAMSUNG ARE YOU MENTAL!?!?
3 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Every single time that people have gone for a trade in, I've seen nothing but negative feedback. 

Sell it on Kijiji or somewhere else privately. You'll get more money & no surprises! 

silbie123
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
Is this with the guaranteed trade in offer?

https://www.samsung.com/ca/offer/z-series-trade-in/
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, we are sorry to hear the experience you had while dealing with trade-in.

We would like to inform you that, Samsung is providing a trade in value of $900 to the users trading in Fold4 (or any other foldable device) to purchase Galaxy Z Fold5 on the Samsung Website or the Samsung Experience Stores.