Original topic:

Recent apps only show system apps after UI4 update

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 12:36 PM)
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Z
I finally did the UI4 update on my z fold 2. I held off as long as i could because I knew there were issues with the update and sure enough there were 3 additional updates.  Unfortunately none of them were fixes for this issue.  My recent apps no longer shows my recent apps. It only shows system apps, even though I haven't used them. How do I get my actually used recent apps to show up again?  Samsung's "customer service" response was that updates improve user experience....excuse me, but no, this wasn't broken and is definitely not an improvement.
0 Likes
15 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I don't know if you have these settings on your device, but have a look and see if you do? 

5 July 2022 154258 GMT-0400.jpg

5 July 2022 154308 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
I can't find anything like that....I searched in settings and nothing comes up that is similar.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

It's not in Settings. It's there when you Swipe / Click Recents. 

0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Nope...it just takes away all the system apps too and shows "no recent apps".... guess I'll just have to move all the recent apps to the home screen. What a silly thing for Samsung to do.
0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Ah! Got it. Found it.... now lets see if it works....thank you!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Is it working for you now? 

0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
No...sorry, my messages got out of order.
When I flip that setting nothing shows up in recent apps. It is either system apps or nothing.
I appreciate the suggestion though. I never would have found it on my own.
Galaxy Z
What does it shows if you click on recent button, the bottom left 3 verticle strokes button. Can you show us the screenshot? Thanks.
0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
I think this is what you are asking me for...Screenshot_20220705-211518_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes