Original topic:

Samsung Z Fold3 Serious Screen Air Bubble

(Topic created on: 05-07-2022 05:44 AM)
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
I posted in here pretty recently about a small air pocket at the fold of my new Fold3, and just today it snapped out and expanded all across the crease.

I've had this phone since launch, but that's only been 2 months? I'm pretty upset. I don't use my phone beyond at work as a salesperson and at home for media consumption.

Please be weary if you're looking towards a Fold3.

29 Comments
Mich1911
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Mine did the exact same thing. I just got the phone in the middle of October. Clearly this should be a recall on this phone. Under no circumstances have I used this phone with excessive use. Apparently you can get anew screen protector if you have an authorized agent in your area. I don't and then the conversation was disconnected with Samsung when they asked if I could send the phone in. I can send it input does this mean I have to do this everytime this happens at my cost after the first free one? This is clearly a Covid time made phone and attention to design and quality of product has been compromised.IMG_20211227_173220_7506_1640655140.jpgIMG_20211227_173217_7505_1640655137.jpg
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi Mich1911, We suggest you to get the phone examined by the authorized service technician to determine the root cause of the issue.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
Nikimay26
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z

My bf has the same issue BUT he got it replaced by explaining very slowly and repeatedly "the screen isn't damaged, the screen protector has bubbled up and it is a known issue with this model"

He called last night and the they transferred him to was closed. So he called back today and the agent informed him that they had the phone re-examined and they realized that it was just the screen protector.

So now it is only a $20 fee!

Hope this helps

Nikimay26
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z

My bf has the same issue BUT he got it replaced by explaining very slowly and repeatedly "the screen isn't damaged, the screen protector has bubbled up and it is a known issue with this model"

He called last night and the department they transferred him to was closed. So he called back today and the agent informed him that they had the phone re-examined and they agreed that it was just the screen protector.

So now it is only a $20 fee!

Hope this helps

NJ357L
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

did they replace it? I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Nope, I've only taken off the screen protector and I'm living life on the edge now lol

There's some other solutions in the replies in here but it seems like you have to be pretty adamant with Samsung. Best of luck!
0 Likes
Crenshti3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Makes sense that they won't cover screen protectors, but what doesn't make sense is that it could void your warranty to put on a third party?  Of course they cannot put high quality glass so they have to use old plastic flimsy protector on the inside so it will fold.  I had bought a glass protector for outside screen and a protector for inside screen and realized it already came with screen protector on both.  I would not live on the wild side, better to protect!!  Then if something does happen to the screen take it off before sending it in, but at least you will always have something protecting your screen from scratches.  Mine has started to bubble and I'm sho nuff getting it replaced!  And yes, only been 5 most for me too.  Enough of us complain, maybe they'll do something about it for the next version.  Samsung customer service **bleep**, ALWAYS HAS!  But they make the best products hands down.

0 Likes
JZ187
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I went to samsung not only is it expensive they do not and will not have any replacement screen proctors in stock for at least 6 months 🤣
0 Likes
JZ187
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Sounds like best suggestion is 2 rip off the screen protector. Obviously the inner screen is more vuleronable how ever if you be care and are not working a construction job you should be fine. If u are working a desk job or sitting at home the screen looks much better and the crease is less visable. Fingerprints will b there as was on the screen protector itself just use a soft microfibre cloth or soft tissue or expensive toilet paper. You have your outside screen for all functions if you are out at the park. But if your are inside your car or at home, in bed or somewhere safe you can enjoy your large screen with a more vivid look and no crease 😉. # **bleep**k the tecs be a leader not follower!
0 Likes
JZ187
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Most of the orginal galaxy s 1 and 2s had softer screens which we werent worried about at the time 15years ago. But as these phones evolved they soon screated gorilla glass scratch proof screens etc. So just think of your inside screen as a folding samsung galaxy 1 screen that can easily get scratched or damaged without the screen protector. Close your phone and use your outside screen if you are in a dangerous area where your screen could possibly get damaged and enjoy your larger screen in safer areas. Hope this helps.
0 Likes