Original topic:

✍️ Samsung Account Feedback Megathread

(Topic created on: 03-14-2024 10:30 AM)
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi Samsung Members!

We had a great response to our previous Samsung Wallet feedback megathread, and we're excited to launch a new one for Samsung Account!

Samsung_Account_KV.jpg

We'd love to hear from you about your experience with Samsung Account and how it can be improved. We're also curious about any features or integrations with other services you'd like to see. We're all ears, so let us know your thoughts!

To help us better analyze your feedback, please use the following format:

• To point out something you like about Samsung Account, start with a ‘+’.
  • To point out something you don't like, start with a ‘-‘.
  • To suggest existing things that can be improved, start with a ‘!’.
  • To suggest new features or integrations, start with a ‘?’.

For example:

+ I love how secure Samsung Account is.

! I’d love to see a quicker and more seamless Samsung Account 2SV (Two-step Verification) experience.

We kindly ask you to provide constructive feedback. We might not be able to reply to each comment but rest assured that we will take note of each constructive feedback and opinion seriously. Thank you in advance for your contribution and we're excited to hear from you!

25 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Speaking about "Security". 

How about MANDATORY 2FA for Samsung Members.. To mitigate the real problem of people making multiple new accounts & seemingly easily circumventing Bans for Posting Offensive & Incoherent Nonsense 

Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi RedDogRabbit, thank you for voicing your concern and please rest assured that we are finding ways to improve the safety of this Community. Meanwhile, if you have any constructive suggestions regarding Samsung Account, do not hesitate to share your thoughts in this thread. 

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Others

Samsung has been finding ways to improve for years and yet the same thing still happens over and over when a bad acting person starts spreading spam messages or whatever you might call this cr*ap and creating multiple accounts to do this.

Simple solution is to either have a full time moderator on here to catch it as it happens or give someone or more than one that are on here most of the time the privilege of moving these offensive posts to whatever area you have set up for moving posts to since you are able to put removed posts back when you want to when you receive flack about it

If it was stopped immediately it would be no problem.

Moderators could have the final say if these posts were deleted or not   

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

And as previously suggested, several times, limit new accounts from making multiple posts in a given time frame. 

New accounts are apparently unable to use DMs, and I'm not sure what the criteria is, as I have received offensive DMs from some of these new accounts. 

I'm sure that some of my posts may come across as being sarcastic, and critical.. but that is borne from frustration, and a desire to improve Samsung Members Canada, not see it descend into an intolerable place to visit.

To paraphrase Robert Baden-Powell, try to leave a place, better than you found it. 

Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Others
LOVE my Samsung Account!

Just this past Thursday I noticed Samsung Internet (Great Browser - LOVE the privacy features and proper internet browsing it offers!) - failed to launch Secret Mode, the browser would continue to crash on every attempt to go Secret, reboots Home / Public WiFi did not matter.

I decided to do a full backup to external USB-A key using my USB-C to USB-A adaptor and then restore.

1 BIG problem! My Samsung account, like my many other accounts, is set to 2FA! GAAAA$P!

1 BIG Solution: Unlike Google, or M365/Microsoft, or Apple ... Samsung's account DOES use the option to reset my password using my Challenge/Response!

This, yes, THIS was a LIFE saver!
I do NOT save my passwords anywhere else, I NEVER write them down BUT one must be careful to fully remember tbeir KEY primary Account passwords - a very difficult task when many password suggestion features apps etc uses randomized passwords.

Let me just say .... Samsung, where the hell have I been the past 12 years in the fruit company's joke of a kiddie pool??!

The more I own my Galaxy S23 and use Samsung apps and features the MORE, I enjoy the product(s) and features and understand their direction.

Some requests:
Please continue to develop the Samsung Internet Browser on Samsung smartphones:

Likewise, we not just seeing this in The Smasung Members community but all over Samsung software reviews. Frivolous comments in reviews that have either nothing to do with the software at all or useless comments that add no value to the software or people looking at quality reviews in any way.

0 Likes
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi Sam-Sun-of-a-G, thank you for sharing your good experience with Samsung Account and we apologize for the inconvenience you faced with Samsung Internet's Secret Mode. We hope Samsung Internet will bring a better user experience in the future.

evakaln
Active Level 1
Others
I think a HUGE majority of users would opt for blocking / removing those *nastyposters.
evakaln
Active Level 1
Others
? I'd love to have an all-in-one book writing or document creating app with fonts and other personalization features, folders that I can name myself and re-order according to my aesthetic, and that syncs with Proton (and other common cloud platforms I suppose, but the other big ones I have issues with). That's my Samsung dream, an all-in-one writing app that syncs with Proton.

+ I'm loving my Galaxy s23 (but the local Fido sales guy gave me the lesser one, the fe, and I didn't know any better. When I went back to trade it up for the better one, they wouldn't do it because I didn't have the lid of the box anymore ! They didn't tell me to make sure I kept the box.)

- I'm confused about Samsung cloud. Internet rumors say it's being discontinued, and anything in Samsung cloud will only be acessible for 30 days, so I'm afraid to use it.
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi evakaln, thank you for your suggestion and experience with your Galaxy S23. Regarding Samsung Cloud, the service is still up and running and provides you with enough storage for your device's backup and Samsung apps & services data. 

Regarding the 30-day timeframe, it is a feature within Samsung Cloud called 'Temporary Cloud Backup'. It provides unlimited storage for you to back up your device's data for 30 days, intended for certain scenarios such as when getting your device repaired or replaced. After 30 days, the backup data will be automatically deleted.

0 Likes