Original topic:

5G: Half cool, half useless

(Topic created on: 02-26-2020 06:21 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Hi. I promised that I'd write something about 5G, explaining it to non-aware members. It took longer than expected but here it is:
Okay, so I didn't have the time to translate it. Sorry for that. But I checked and Google Translate makes a decent job at it.

While this article makes my opinion very clear about it, I didn't base my opinion solely on thin air. This article is also full of facts.

I might translate it myself at a later date, but right now I have other writing commitments. I'm correcting articles for my friend Carl (you've probably seen him here as @fleurdelys360), got economy homework and I'm writing 3 fictional stories as well. All this to say that don't expect a properly translated version in the coming week and you should give GTranslate a try.

I would have reposted it here instead of linking to my website but the article goes beyond the char limit.

Oh and the article has a few hyperlinks. Unfortunately their colour is not very contrasted so you might not notice them.
12 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
thanks! appreciate the write up and will read after work
0 Likes
Adamantium
Active Level 2
Others
I've learned 3 new words only in the first paragraph 😛
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Glad to hear you've learned something from my content! The goal was to be informative, seems like I achieved it!
진시형
Active Level 6
Others
If people believe 5G is a health issue there is a society of 50 million people that were volunteered for that study. Winking_Face S. Korea has had it deployed for at least a year, and has been adding more, and more 5G antenas all over the country. Since they were mainly the ones to have it fully deployed it would be natural they would be the first to show symptoms of anything threatning. But yet humans have had only Bout 100 years of exposure to technology and frequencies. Maybe it takes a few more generations for us to start seeing long term effects? Who knows? We also have to keep in mind that every time there is new technology out there, people will always be afraid. It's normal to be afraid of the unknown. There are always two sides to new tech. Nukes, vs nuclear plants, etc.. true nuclear energy has its flaws, but it's improving, and due to more research now we are going towards fusion instead of fission. Which is supposed to be safer. If we just give in to fear, and stop innovating we will stop progressing...
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Indeed. But the fear surrounding 5G has reached unprecedented levels. And those people can't be reasoned with. I saw an expert journalist on Twitter who works for Which?, an UK consumer protection agency. She made a whole, fully documented video debunking every single 5G stereotype. It didn't take long until she received many insults and threats to her safety. I'm not really connected to social media so I don't know if there are more incidents like that. I know this one as The Register covered this story.
진시형
Active Level 6
Others
I get what you mean. I had a whole debate in French on a facebook thread. I ended it with the same argument that korea has had it deployed for a year and that all the birds had not died. His defense was that Korea was communist and withholding information. He also mentioned he had never heard of 5G being deployed there from Qc news sources... I pointed him to some news sources / told him he didn't know the difference between Nk vs Sk. and then insults started coming my way. It was pure stupidity...
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Ah, insults. Admitting you are wrong, the wrong way. I would've quitted as soon as the person misidentified both Koreas. Shows a profound lack of knowledge. On a forum, you can continue to tease those people. I do that all the time here to those who publish blatant nonsense. But on social media, with your name and the plethora of personally identifiable information, things can go south pretty quickly (file that under "Reasons I avoid social media" with ID number 406.)
Alain47
Active Level 7
Others
Bonjour, c'est Alain, savez-vous quand on va recevoir la nouvelle mise à jour du logiciel Android 10 ?

Merci Alain
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
C'est repoussé au 9 Mars.