Original topic:

Doc.samsungmobile.com is Useless

(Topic created on: 06-16-2021 09:27 PM)
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

Why can't Samsung update doc.samsungmobile to show the changelog for the update when it's released? 

Received the June Security Patch Update yesterday & doc.samsungmobile.com isn't updated yet, it's still showing the May Security Patch changelog.

Was Samsung surprised by the update, or just couldn't be bothered to update the changelog? 

Screenshot_20210616_093647.jpg

8 Comments
ursamajor2
Beginner Level 2
Others
How do I retrieve deleted photos from my Galaxy 5? Thanks
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Check the Recycle Bin.

Also, you'd be better off making your own post. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
It take a while to update that online webpage try checking it now it should have been updated by now
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Yes, it's updated now, but the point is that Samsung obviously knows in advance what is included in the update.

Having the changelog on the day of the update, would allow people to know what is included, before they update. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Usually that software update section inside settings on our mobile itself shows whats included in the update.

And, talking about that webpage it just keeps the entire software update change log histories for a device and will be exactly same that we get to see on software update page on our settings app.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
Hey @RedDogRabbit
If you want the complete changelog of your last update, you just have to go in Settings/ About the phone Software information and click on the last line that brings you on all changes done in this update.
Have a nice day

Screenshot_20210616-173505_Settings_41663.jpgScreenshot_20210616-173442_Settings_41661.jpgScreenshot_20210616-173529_Settings_41665.jpgScreenshot_20210616-173623_Chrome_41667.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
No!!
He is not referring to security patch, he is pointing the regular device software update changelog.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Exactly. Clicking on the Security level only tells you what Google's Security Patch itself includes, which is fine in updates where there's nothing other than security updates. I'm more interested in what "optimizations" Samsung has included. 

0 Likes