Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Google Chrome Privacy Issues

(Topic created on: 04-07-2019 05:42 AM)
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Options
Others
I have recently discovered that the built-in google chrome app has been getting worse concerning privacy issues! One particular time, I was looking through my photos in the gallery app a week ago, and noticed there was a glitch saying I had pictures from 1969 (which I don't) so I sent an error report to Samsung. TEN MINUTES LATER, I went on Chrome, and GUESS WHAT? There was an ad saying "crazy pictures you wouldn't believe were taken in 1969". I've also been looking on websites for buying homes, and GUESS WHAT? I went onto a website for a bloody COOKIE recipe, and get bombed with housing listing ads and Mindy McPhereson realtor ads! It's disgusting! Lead alone every website I go to on Chrome tracks my location and gives me ads for stores near by, even telling me how far away from my house it is! Google has no business doing that. Yes, I understand my phone tracks me, but it shouldn't do it to that extent. My point, I STRONGLY recommend using the Samsung Internet app instead. You can install any ad-blocker that will ACTUALLY WORK, and you can enable ANTI-TRACKING! It's also much faster, and more well-layed out. I use crystal ad-blocker with it, and it's amazing. You can aslo enable it to warn you when entering a dangerous website, Chrome says it will, but never does.Thought I should let everyone know! 
0 Likes
4 Comments
XXX13
Beginner Level 2
Others
thanks for the info
0 Likes
Solution
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others
I've never used the chrome browser, always samsung browser with ad block
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Others
Lol- doesn't surprise me. I've tried to disable Chrome before and then I couldn't open any websites I've added to my homescreen thru Chrome. I gave up 🙄
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Others
Really want an eye opener? Get AdGuard (screenshot attached) for a 😳 that will work with Chrome yet DOES WORK AS ADVERTISED!! 👍 There is a free & Subscription version. Both will give the 😱
https://adguard.com